Model Cars Magazine Forum

How's everyones gas prices?

Here in my part of the country we jumped another .15 cents today. Were now at $3.86 for regular. Anyone hit the $4.00 mark yet? I know this shows my age, but I started driving during the gas wars of the early 1970's & remember paying .23 cents a gallon for 100 octane premium. Do I miss those days!

$4.41 for 87 octane (the "cheap" stuff), luckily I don't drive much so I'm not sure what the prices are like outside the park. Probably $0.50-0.75 a gallon cheaper, one of the reasons I always try to fill up in town.

At a station a couple blocks from me it's been running $3.60 a gallon for regular. Now that was on Monday morning when I last past the station on my way home from work. It may have gone higher since then.........I've been home from work a couple days due to some somewhat major dental work. :)

Thankfully, I'm only 5 miles from the job, and I drive a Saturn Ion coupe.............but I see no end in sight as oil futures are now $123 a barrel! :D

:) Here in Deeetroit it's between 3.57/3.78 for reg.depends on where you go.Brand names are more expensive,no brands(firebird,valero) are cheaper.My Impala SS(95) HAS to run premium, so needless to say it's not being driven too often. :D

Just put in $20 this evening, it was $3.99 and 9 tenths o' cent, Mid-grade. High octaine gas is over $4. so I dont get that anymore.

JUST WAIT UNTIL SUMMER.

I might have too vacation at the Wood resort this year. :)

Edited by RJWood

Here in Nor Cal its $4.01 for a gallon of regular. My first job was at a gas station...26 cents for a gallon plus a free car wash. We couldnt sell any gas because it was 24 cents down the street. Dont want to get political here, but the energy situation fries me. At night, thieves have begun punching holes in gas tanks to drain them. Jeeeeeez. :)