Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1971 (?) Bronco

This is the new Revell Bronco kit. I guess it can be one of several years so I am calling it a 1971. The kit goes together without any problems ( other than the ones I caused. I painted it Star Spangled Blue and did the top and seats in white. It does have side windows but I have not installed them yet. As has been said the wheel covers do seem to be too small. The large side decals were a little tough for me to install and I thought they would break but they did not. I know I need to cut them where they go over the door but I am not sure if setting solution will work after the decal has dried. Any body Know ? I hope they do a half cab version and also make up some flairs. Comments welcome good or bad.

Very, very nice Ray! As far as the door lines go for the decals, you might try laying an Exacto blade along the groove of the door line and very carefully score the decal. After that, slowly flow in some decal setting solution and when that's dry, take a sharpened pencil and "draw in" the lines along the groove. 

If you're nervous about all of that, I wouldn't sweat it, as it looks fine as is. ;)

Looks great, I might do one with the stock steel wheels from one of the Moebius Ford pick ups. I have used decal setting solution on homemade decals that where over six months old with no issues although I here there are some decals that will disintegrate. If you have any decals left on the sheet that you don't want to save try it out, if it doesn't disintegrate you should be ok.