Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 2016

MGL

My completed models for 2016. I don't build when I am at sea so I only get about half the year to build. Most of the models I build are pretty close to out of the box with just a little bit of kit bashing and some extra details.

Foose 67 Coronet. I moved the spindles up in the front on this, to look right the whole car should be lowered another 2 scale inches or so.

IMG_1561a_zpslnplnpeg.jpg?t=1481925760?1

62 Thunderbird

IMG_1500a_zpshu0on1rj.jpg?258

49 Ford, one of my all time favorite cars.

IMG_1400_zpsrvkvkgtg.jpg?32

56 Chrysler 300.

IMG_1416_zpsvmglmsjp.jpg?701

66 Barracuda. This is the Motor City Resin Caster kit. The only thing I added was the redline tires (I didn't have any blue stripes) and steel wheels and poverty caps.

IMG_1534a_zpsi8nldcur.jpg?726

69 Barracuda.

IMG_1435a_zps21j5vrqd.jpg?110

68 Dart GTS.

IMG_1405_zps4ox6lsuk.jpg?647

69 F-100.

IMG_1368_zpsl74jaeaz.jpg?906

Gremlin X.

IMG_1392_zpskcskjfek.jpg?203

29 Model A.

IMG_1442a_zpsyasllxjl.jpg?556

Mini.

IMG_1362_zpsxu6dw4s1.jpg?938

Box Art from the Mod Rod kit.

IMG_1546a_zpsvgtr4scs.jpg?288

Pink Floyd van.

IMG_1384_zpsezigjlzf.jpg?274

49 Mercury.

IMG_1355_zpsovujgcfv.jpg?960

Van on the Run.

IMG_1525a_zps5ckwmmwm.jpg?614

I may get the reissue of the Sunbeam Tiger done still this year but I'm not banking on it. Thanks for looking.

Edited by MGL
mispelling

Thanks for the comments, its much appreciated.

All very impressive and you're very prolific. Did you do the airbrush work on the Pink Floyd van?

These were decals I made from artwork off the internet. Next year I'm going to do the Revell Chevy Van with the Pink Floyd Animals album artwork including the powerplant and I think that's going to be a combination of decals and airbrushing. I was thinking of and asymmetrical mural that starts on the drivers side front and continues around to the front of the passengers side.

Looks like a great 2016 to me. They are all very nicely done. I just started building that 62 'Bird also. I didn't realize it sat the high in the front! Great job.

In looking for information on the engine I found a couple of sites that were helpful including this: http://www.tbirdranch.com/6163concours.html 

Towards the bottom it gives the factory ride height at each wheel well. I didn't try to correct it or even measure it because I like the slightly nose up look I see in a lot of the cars in some of my dads photos from the late 50's and early 60's Hot Rod scene in D.C. and southern Maryland. I'm not sure if that was a trend elsewhere but I think it adds a bit of character.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...