Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is this real or a spoof does anyone know?

That poor old Camaro, which seems to be a '67 with a '68-ish grille. What did it do to anyone to deserve that treatment? Fortunately, it looks as though it could be cured completely with a simple blowerectomy.to remove the tumorous growth.

Personally I think spoof but the video won't play for me. It just seems way to unrealistic to me considering the size of the engine in a camaro vs. the engine in a locomotive. Just my thoughts. And like snake said WHAT could that car do to someone to deserve that treatment!!??

As the owner said in the video "they fired the engine and blipped the throttle, the left front tire left the ground and it blew both head gaskets" Maybe some rail road guys can tell us if the blower is even real. I personally know nothing about that area. The belt in the still shot looks very loose and if the internals of the blower has any drag at all I would think that it would throw the belt. It does make a fun story but without seeing it run I'm skeptical to say the least. By the way I enjoyed watching the  You-Tube videos of the Gassers    

This image has been floating around the web for years. All it proves, again, is that there's no shortage of idiocy. 

In the real world, it can take hundreds of horsepower just to turn the blower on a top-fuel engine.

Real or photoshop, this Camaro idiot rig is just stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Here's the blower in its natural home.

Image result for locomotive supercharger

During manufacture...

[IMG]