Model Cars Magazine Forum

'64 Ford Falcon T/A

afx

Thanks for the info Mike (posted below).  Safety Fuel Cells were permitted in '68.  My Falcon is as it appeared in '67 at Mid-Ohio when stock tanks were still required.

k17_zps49iaxqtm.jpgmore_travel_img

Edited by afx

Thanks Steve.

Now comes the nerve racking part for me Joe - paint and BMF!  I so rarely use BMF (not a big chrome guy) that I am still working off the first sheet I ever bought. :lol:

Thanks Mike.  Stance and wheel/tire combination are requirements 1 and 1A for me so I work hard to get those right.

Thanks Steve.

Now comes the nerve racking part for me Joe - paint and BMF!  I so rarely use BMF (not a big chrome guy) that I am still working off the first sheet I ever bought. :lol:

Thanks Mike.  Stance and wheel/tire combination are requirements 1 and 1A for me so I work hard to get those right.

Looking forward to seeing this one finished.

Worst thing that can happen is the paint gets messed up and the body takes a purple bath.

I don't sweat painting or BMF anymore. I can always fix what doesn't come out to my liking. It is only semi-permanent.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Randy.  

Misted on the Champagne Gold and flat-out hated it.  The metal flake was way to big.  I'm in the process of over-spraying the solid color Sand Beige.  May not be 100% accurate but it looks much better - stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the summary sheet about the car David (djflyer) sent to me. The only picture that came through when he attempted to email.  He has promised several more photos - can't wait to see them!!

DSC02500

Edited by afx