Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Montana Gold" Spray Paint – Experience Anyone?

Our new (to me) art supply store carries the full range of Montana spray paints.  They have an extraordinary selection of colors. Has anyone tried these on models?

https://www.montana-cans.com/en/spray-cans/spray-paint/gold-400ml/montana-gold-400ml-colors

Montana4.jpg

You're correct about the color range. They have about everything you could want. Do you know if the paint is compatible with our Plastics ??   

Just found one store in the Chattanooga, TN area that does carry the Montana Gold and Black series paints. Headed there soon to check the prices and see if they have a good substitute for Gulf blue. I wish the local Michael's carried them. That 40% off coupon is nice.

Just found one store in the Chattanooga, TN area that does carry the Montana Gold and Black series paints. Headed there soon to check the prices and see if they have a good substitute for Gulf blue. I wish the local Michael's carried them. That 40% off coupon is nice.

Interested to know price and quality. I am headed to Chattanooga next week and might have to pick some up if it is a nice paint.

Interested to know price and quality. I am headed to Chattanooga next week and might have to pick some up if it is a nice paint.

I might ride over there tomorrow and I'll let you know what I found out. The store is in the Hamilton Place area.

ART CREATIONS

7351 COMMONS BLVD 
37421 CHATTANOOGA, United States

I might ride over there tomorrow and I'll let you know what I found out. The store is in the Hamilton Place area.

ART CREATIONS

7351 COMMONS BLVD 
37421 CHATTANOOGA, United States

I live in n.w. Indiana and I couldn't find anyplace I could get them unless I'm missing something.

I think they have some unique and changeable nozzles as well for different effects.

That feature has me wondering if they have a Tamiya equivalent nozzle? I called my local art supply store and they said $10.95 for an 11 oz. can. Going to try and get something real close to Gulf blue and give the stuff a try. The local carries the Gold and Black series. 

In case anyone is wondering, the primary use of these are for graffitti artists, I have several friends that use them, I believe most of them have different tips you can put on them to change the way they spray, not familiar with how it would work on models though.