Model Cars Magazine Forum

Christine trashed , FINISHED ! !

Lowlife ! !

Finally got to mash my 58, its hard to crunch such a beautiful car !     :(

STILL...... at least its done, heated gently with a candle, I had to replace both window frames cos they melted !   After a quick rub down and primer it should look okay, More soon....  :)

20170723_205625_zpsgxnfb4oy.jpg

20170723_205744_zps8u4wajjh.jpg

Thanks guys....

Very nice mashing job. Suggestion: Carve away some of the side trim and replace it with Plastruct, kinked and pulled away from the body in places. The trim wouldn't sit flush with the sheet metal everywhere it is smashed in.

Yes thanks Mike, I did do this with the passenger side front wing, then thought I'd mash it and remove more trim where the worst of the dents are. I also need to add a few dents to the interior so it still fits !

Thanks Mike...

Latest on this is its in paint, finally !  :D

After a primer coat, most of which I rubbed down, I've laid on 3 coats of Tamiya TS49, its quite a bright red but I wanted it slightly lighter than the interior, which was a rustoleum  spray. Not sure of the name as I finished the can... Roof was painted rustoleum gloss white, should be fun now with the BMF as I can mess it up and it wont notice.... :P

Also threw my fujimi garage together, I just made it simple and bland, and not copied from the film, as its a backdrop to the car which is the main focus !

Want this finished this week as its going on display at a large car show here in the UK ! So more soon !

20170730_124243_zpsywo2dadi.jpg

20170730_124844_zpsyiw51r1a.jpg

Edited by Lowlife ! !

Don't mean to tease here but every time I try pics of this the car it comes out orange ! !   Its complete anyway and ready for its first outing !  Lots of little details in the engine are added, along with lots of broken trim and more glass, I'm well pleased with it !   :)

Will get some pics from the show, and include some decent pics of Christine finally finished, will add these to the showroom soon. 

Thanks again for comments etc along the way ! 

20170803_120221_zps7ekoblrt.jpg

Edited by Lowlife ! !

• 1 month later...