Model Cars Magazine Forum

RIP Hugh Hefner

NYLIBUD

Snake,those are some nice rides.Very cool list.I mean what can you say about a pink 71 Pantera,and an all pink Shelby Mustang.:lol:I'm curious where some of these cars are now.I mean after all,they can be considered celebrity's cars.And I wonder if any of the playmates still actually own their cars.Hmmmm.

Snake,those are some nice rides.Very cool list.I mean what can you say about a pink 71 Pantera,and an all pink Shelby Mustang.:lol:I'm curious where some of these cars are now.I mean after all,they can be considered celebrity's cars.And I wonder if any of the playmates still actually own their cars.Hmmmm.

I know the pink AMX is still around. It was restored and featured in a musclecar mag I read sometime in the last few months.

I guess those 72 virgins are all looked after now.

As for the Playboy cars, very cool. Although, some of those choices are downright strange. Mazda 6? Cordoba?

Yea I would have to agree,some of the playmates cars were a bit odd.I wonder who decides which car they get,the play mate,or Mr.Hefner.By the way,I believe the Córdoba was a 75-76 Charger.Ha,pretty much the same car though.

Yea I would have to agree,some of the playmates cars were a bit odd.I wonder who decides which car they get,the play mate,or Mr.Hefner.By the way,I believe the Córdoba was a 75-76 Charger.Ha,pretty much the same car though.

I think at least some of the Playmates might have gotten to pick what they wanted. I'd be willing to bet that some, though, were clever "product placement" coups on somebody's part. I'm sure deals were wheeler-dealered on many of them.

IIRC, one year the girl got a boat. Hope she wanted a boat. B)

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone has noticed but time magazine did an issue for Hef all that's in it is his story. I just saw and picked it up today.

I saw a Newsweek special about him, and also one about Tom Petty. I decided I'd rather listen to Tom Petty than look at him, and rather look at Hef's "friends" for free on the internet than look at/read about him. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought his evening robe deal was really funky and kind of creepy.

Lots of photo presentations too with a pipe.  Smoking a pipe.

Hey....smoking a pipe means something else in several other languages.

With all of those ladies....never mind.

Fumare la pipa...si.

The guy lived life his own way and paid the bills.

Very difficult thing to do.

When he brought out Playboy in the 50's that was really out there.

50's were not all fun and games. Very very conformist type living.

People would leave the small towns to go to the big cities to get away from it.

I remember dressing EXACTLY like everybody else or you would just not have any friends.

That was early mid 60's. More or less the same thing.

The guy lived life his own way and paid the bills.

Very difficult thing to do.

When he brought out Playboy in the 50's that was really out there.

Wow - Thanks for sharing your real life perspective. Sounds like a pretty conservative era and for Hugh Hefner to do what he did is truly incredible. A true maverick, marketing genius and an incredible business man as well. What a life! Thanks for having the balls to go after your dreams Heff :)