Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius future kit prototypes from November, 2017 NNL Motor City...

tim boyd

...Stop the negative noise folks.  I believe we are talking about Revell here and they've done some amazing things recently...

That's right, everyone.  Feel free to hector and dictate to your fellow forum members of course - but WATCH WHAT YOU SAY about poor widdle Revell.

Which I guess we're to treat as some sort of corporate snowflake…

that by some miracle hasn't, y'know, melted in the past 70+ years of operation.

That's right, everyone.  Feel free to hector and dictate to your fellow forum members of course - but WATCH WHAT YOU SAY about poor widdle Revell.

As in what the frick is wrong with you?????

Yeah, soon we will hear from some that thrive on melodrama that if we complain about Revell, they will stop building kits and that we should be thankful to get the kits we get..that silly nonsense seems to get posted every few months around here....

Edited by Rob Hall

I'll guess a new kit of the 2018 ford Bronco from Revell.

That would interest me more than the majority of the conjectures that I've seen so far. But with caveats...we still don't know what the Bronco is going to look like yet so '18 might be premature, and Revell's current "make every modern subject a Build 'n Play" kills the buzz.

I can almost bet it won't be a Ferrari 250 GT Lusso, Lamborghini 350GT, Aston Martin DB4 Zagato, or a current full detail Mustang GT/GT350/GT350R 

Guy's we're talking toys here....not real life problems, cuz we got plenty of those..

Thanks

1f484895129a0cefae1e7bbed2261ce6--hero-q

Last I knew toys were something one played with. In all my adult years of building models, I have yet to push one across the floor making "vroom, vroom" noises. Perhaps others here may do so. I certainly can't speak for them, nor would I ever want to.

Personally, I build scale replicas when I build models, I don't play with toys. Your mileage may vary of course.

Last I knew toys were something one played with. In all my adult years of building models, I have yet to push one across the floor making "vroom, vroom" noises. Perhaps others here may do so. I certainly can't speak for them, nor would I ever want to.

Personally, I build scale replicas when I build models, I don't play with toys. Your mileage may vary of course.

Bob, just trying to defuze, no more no less.

Edited by Luc Janssens

I sometimes do go vroom vroom , shhh, dont tell only one ok?

Perhaps, but calling the work of some of the builders on here mere "toys" is something I'd find highly insulting myself.

A model kit is in the toy isle, what the builder does with it is a whole other story, it can be a crappy build or a master piece.

So IMHO I don't view your work as a toy just the raw material you start with...

A model kit is in the toy isle, what the builder does with it is a whole other story, it can be a crappy build or a master piece.

So IMHO I don't view your work as a toy just the raw material you start with...

Oddly, where I purchase the majority of my kits at, (when not buying them online), doesn't have "toy aisles", but since it's a full service hobby shop, perhaps that's why. I haven't bought a kit in a toy aisle since the 70s I'd imagine.

If it is Revell, there is only one thing right now that I want it to be, but it wont really count as "new" tooling outside of body and some engine bits, so I guess I its not gonna be that....................ya know, now I dont care :(

Toyota Camry NASCAR race car, maybe? 

Oddly, where I purchase the majority of my kits at, (when not buying them online), doesn't have "toy aisles", but since it's a full service hobby shop, perhaps that's why. I haven't bought a kit in a toy aisle since the 70s I'd imagine.

The toys and hobbies section of ebay....anyway the perception of non modelers is, that what we start with, are toys.

We model builders who participate on fora, like this one, take it a bit more seriously and it seems you, even a lot more then I do, but that's fine. 

Edited by Luc Janssens