Model Cars Magazine Forum

You are what you drink

SfanGoch

Interesting read. Most of these studies are not credible to me. Just as mentioned in the article the questions that the so called Psychologists would ask were not really relatable to the food and drink that people like. I have known a few Psychologists and Drug Rehab Consolers, not professionally, and my impression is that all to many of them become Psychologists to try and straighten out their own problems.    

They become psychologists/psychiatrists/psychoanalysts so they can they enjoy a gin and tonic while the the mental case planking on the couch rambles on about his/her innermost feelings just to reassure themselves that they're nowhere near as crazy as the moonbat paying for a one hour session that is 45 minutes long. 

Consider the source..the NY Post and Sun aren't exactly considered serious news sources.    I'm more of a wine and craft beer fan, though I do like mojitos in the summer and champagne around xmas/new years.

Edited by Rob Hall

30 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

They become psychologists/psychiatrists/psychoanalysts so they can they enjoy a gin and tonic while the the mental case planking on the couch rambles on about his/her innermost feelings just to reassure themselves that they're nowhere near as crazy as the moonbat paying for a one hour session that is 45 minutes long. 

I always thought it must be a pretty good gig to look up and say "and how does that make you feel?" at more or less random intervals, for 120 bucks an hour.

15 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I always thought it must be a pretty good gig to look up and say "and how does that make you feel?" at more or less random intervals, for 120 bucks an hour.

Gee, that's almost as much as  moving companies charge per man here. Hey! Whoa! The cat don't need to be bubble wrapped!

So, what does it make you if you "drink the Kool-Aid".......... like I so often do?  :lol:

I talk to a shrink, He's a pretty smart guy and has been in the practice for years..... worked with all walks of Life from the destitute to the celebrity. He never asks "that" question.... mostly just carries on a conversation. He probably gets more info with friendly banter than being a Psychiatrist..........

7 hours ago, espo said:

my impression is that all to many of them become Psychologists to try and straighten out their own problems.    

Ain't that the truth! I minored in Psych at school and I'd swear at least half the professors were certifiable. (Come to think of it, that was a long time ago. Nowadays, 80% or more of ALL professors in ALL fields seem to be insane.) 

1 hour ago, unclescott58 said:

Didn't read the article. What does it say about those who do not consume alcoholic beverages? The hardest thing I drink now days is diet Mountain Dew. 

27 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

Send me your unbuilt kits. If you don't have the time to read the article, you definitely don't have the time to build'em. :P 

Wow, where did it say he didn't have the time to read it!?!? 

2 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

Send me your unbuilt kits. If you don't have the time to read the article, you definitely don't have the time to build'em. :P 

Im too busy building to read an article on what you drink says about you. That, and reading other things like these threads. So I'm afraid my unbuilt kits will be staying with me. 

16 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Im too busy building to read an article on what you drink says about you. That, and reading other things like these threads. So I'm afraid my unbuilt kits will be staying with me. 

Think about how much more build time you'd have if you didn't waste it replying to posts in threads like this.