Model Cars Magazine Forum

Proper forum for info on fishing tackle boxes for modeling on the road?

On an armor model forum I visit, someone has a question about transporting a project and supplies while on the road. I offered to post pics of a tackle box set up just for that, along with pics and info on 2 new tackle boxes that are much bigger. If I post the info here, where should it go?

Whoa. I didn't expect 7 replies. 

I was also thinking of Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials. I was hoping to hear from Xingu or another moderator.

This would be for a mobile workshop; taking a project, tools, and supplies on the road or a long stay far from home (I took a tackle box and models on 3 different Army deployments and a 3 month stay at a different base).

Lee

I'd think either here or the T&T forum would work.

BTW, I now have TWO full model tackleboxes--a big one I bought at Walmart, and a smaller one ($1 at a yard sale) that "just" has my most commonly used two or three dozen colors of paint in it.  And now I have a cardboard box, which originally held some Pandora stuff for The Lovely Mrs. Snake's Christmas present, that I use for my VERY MOSTEST IMPORTANTEST DOUBLE-SECRET VITAL tools, glues, and elixers. I remind myself of the old George Carlin bit about A Place for My Stuff: "Supply lines are getting longer, and harder to maintain...."

Several years ago I went for a family vacation at the beach, and took about a half-dozen 1/72 model airplanes in their boxes, and the tools and paints I figgered I'd need in a cigar box or something. The trick was, I just built the cockpits, and glued the fuselage and wings halves together, and worked down all the seams. The fuselages and wings all went right back in their flat, slim boxes until I got home, when I could assemble them into real airplane shapes. It all worked out pretty well IIRC.