Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone Ever Built The Cannonball Countach Kit?

I bought this kit at a model show a while back for $5 bucks. Someone had painted the body with cheap spray paint that came off after a half hour soak in Purple stuff. The rest of the parts are on the sprues. The proportions don't quite look right, but it has the front and rear wings. I am trying to decide whether to build it box stock or use the Monogram Countach with the MPC wing to have the Cannonball car. Anyone built this kit? It looks pretty simplified.

ModelCannonballLamborghini.PNG

• Like 1

I built the Cannonball kit many moons ago. I remember it not being too good and becoming firecracker fodder. IIRC it's the same as the Walter Wolfe kit. Totally incorrect as the Cball car

The Monogram kit can turn out great with some serious surgery (check mine out in under glass) but ya, it's full of heavy mold seams and ill-fitting parts if it's built OOB

cannonballrun.jpg

Edited by Dentz

• 1 year later...
18 hours ago, afx said:

Hard to top the Fujimi for detail.

Same kit waits here... by the way I have another project with it:

297980508_CannonballRun-HighwayPatrolTA.JPG.a9000e35b5367dd2bf1888b848c5d1dc.JPG

Made the decals for it with Corel Draw. Hood came from Reliable Resin!

For those "side actors" are the more interesting projects for me...

Greetings

Oliver

• 3 years later...
On 7/21/2018 at 7:15 PM, oldcarfan said:

I bought this kit at a model show a while back for $5 bucks. Someone had painted the body with cheap spray paint that came off after a half hour soak in Purple stuff. The rest of the parts are on the sprues. The proportions don't quite look right, but it has the front and rear wings. I am trying to decide whether to build it box stock or use the Monogram Countach with the MPC wing to have the Cannonball car. Anyone built this kit? It looks pretty simplified.

ModelCannonballLamborghini.PNG

Had it, never built it. Wish I still had it.

• 10 months later...

has anyone tried the Testor's version? I have the two Countach set, minus the ball cap that came with it. I've thought of using it for a Cannonball build-a-thon. I've got the ambulance, stockcar and Countach kits from the movie series. were there any others?

On 4/22/2024 at 2:34 AM, rattle can man said:

has anyone tried the Testor's version? I have the two Countach set, minus the ball cap that came with it. I've thought of using it for a Cannonball build-a-thon. I've got the ambulance, stockcar and Countach kits from the movie series. were there any others?

For the Cannon Ball Run Countach there are only two alternatives as I see it, Fujimi Enthusiast Model EM series wich are full detail but they have curbside versions also and I believe they are RS series, or the Aoshima kit.
The Fujimi kits are demanding to build as the body with flares and everything are separate pieces but with patience it will be a nice model.
The Aoshima kit is a bit simpler than the Fujimi EM series kits but easier to build, and it looks good (I have one of each).
So if you going to build an accurate model of the Cannonball Run Countach wich was a 5000 Quattrovalvole (QV) you need to go with either of these two and add the front wing.

Edited by Force