Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 512BB rememberance build....99% done

Dann Tier

A small update here; I just couldn't leave the exhaust getting glued  the wrong way, so as you can see, I had to cut an opening like the real car has. Then I had to get rid of the unrealistic rings that were around the taillights holes, and scribed a verticle line between them that was missing...

DSCF6527.JPG

DSCF6529.JPG

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:18 AM, geetee66 said:

Nice one, Dan. A fitting tribute to an absent friend.

8 on the go??!! I can barely manage 1! lol ? 

Thanks, Guy!, I use to only do one, but I wanted to try this...….i'm gonna back-down to 4-5 at a time   after these are done...lol

8 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

First off, I'm really liking this so far. Secondly, I can't even make it up to two builds at one time but I can sure as heck appreciate and respect anybody that can do more than that. But 8? WOW is all I can come up with. My hat does go off to you bud.hat-tip-smiley-emoticon_zpslabb23ag

LOL, Thanks, Joe!!, but next time I will be scaling it down to 4 at a time. My new strategy is to do a Lamborghini, a Ferrari, a Porsche, and a surprise build.....all at once, each time.

11 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

My new strategy is to do a Lamborghini, a Ferrari, a Porsche, and a surprise build.....all at once, each time.

Dann, most people would be glad to have a plan... you got a strategy even... :D

But I guess it really takes something close to strategical thinking to manage all those parallel builds in such a way as to still keep moving... That said, there is nowhere I could see that you make quality commitments with regards to the quantity!

R-E-S-P-E-K-T! B)

Edited by Tommy124

4 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

Dann, most people would be glad to have a plan... you got a strategy even... :D

But I guess it really takes something close to strategical thinking to manage all those parallel builds in such a way as to still keep moving... That said, there is nowhere I could see that you make quality commitments with regards to the quantity!

R-E-S-P-E-K-T! B)

DANKE. Thomas!!

Hey, everyone!, just a small update on this one; I shot-up the wheels with Spaz Stix ultimate mirror chrome, but backed it with a semi-gloss black, so that I would have a nice aluminum look, instead of chrome. Soon I will paint the centers with a flat to dull it down even more.

DSCF6696.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dann Tier changed the title to Ferrari 512BB rememberance build....99% done