Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT and MPC Please Put Out Significant Kits

regular guy

15 hours ago, regular guy said:

That list leaves me cold.

To be positive about the whole thing I'll say this.

AMT has a well rounded catalog. MPC is more racing oriented.

Sure. Like that list. SOMEBODY out there will buy those.

Round 2 is a business. So that's the way they keep the doors open.

It is pointless to say what Round 2 should make on a forum. It will have almost no effect on what they make.

I like the 1/16 Petty Charger. I'll says that.

I reserve the right to say something is a waste of plastic. Probably never will but I'll protect my right to say it.

If somebody starts hopping up and down about it. Oh well!

Quote that sums it up:
"
It is pointless to say what Round 2 should make on a forum." 

5 minutes ago, Jon Cole said:

Quote that sums it up:
"
It is pointless to say what Round 2 should make on a forum." 

Over the years, there have probably been dozens of threads like this on the MCM forum... it never ends, same ol', same ol'....a lot of people w/ too much time on their hands, I guess...

I'll just sum up my opinion this way.

If there is an old kit that you really want, & would like to see re-popped, that means that there are examples of the originals out there, somewhere.

If it's high on your list, go find one!

Or you can sit around and whine until you're too old to build waiting for it to be reissued.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

The MPC Petty Charger is an example of the dilemna.

Great kit. I mean it is a really great kit. Large scale and clear body so you can show off your work.

Meaningful kit to boot. Petty was a giant in racing.

With all that it is not flying off the shelves at Hobbylinc. One time they reduced it to $30.They have had those kits FOREVER!

5beb20b664465_MPCPettyCharger.jpe.b0cb1820e21cf58afd98e9a184f04c90.jpe

On 11/9/2018 at 10:36 PM, Richard Bartrop said:

Yes, drawing with a mouse is a pain, which, is why the first thing graphic artists do is get a tablet.  Programs like Illustrator that use Bezier curves aen't as intuitive as a more conventional drawing program, but it's  lot easier to make something with a mouse.

And yes, learning this stuff is going to take time.  The first time you put together a model, did it look like one of Time Boyd's?   I'm going to guess the answer is no.   No software is ever going to just let you just push a button and create a masterpiece.

I absolutely agree with you. I guess I don't have the attention span required, that's all. There are some concepts certain people grasp and others don't, I suppose that's where I'm at with the software. 

Thee's nothing wrong with letting the companies know what you want, though I would suggest demanding and insulting isn't the best strategy.    The fact that things do get reissued suggests it's not a hopeless quest.

If you don't enjoy this topic, that's fine.   Do what I do when people start going on about a topic I'm not interested in, and go find a topic you are interested in.

5 hours ago, regular guy said:

Now we're cooking! AMT and MPC Connoiesseur Classics!

Plus bring back the 1/12 Cord and MPC 427 Cobra.

5beb0fe1227cf_MPCConnoisseurClassics.jpg.462a65ab11aabe0ae4cd185da7a0c739.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those molds that was forever changed to make the '32 Chrysler Imperial roadster kit?

If it was, you will never see this one again.

Steve

"UPDATE".

I just checked on ebay and it's pretty obvious that these kits are all over the place.........and cheap!

You can buy one right now for $30.00 or less.

I saw at least 8 or 10 of them in this price range.

The cheapest had a buy it now price of $14.99 for an unstarted kit.

Why wait for a re-pop?

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

8 hours ago, regular guy said:

The MPC Petty Charger is an example of the dilemna.

Great kit. I mean it is a really great kit. Large scale and clear body so you can show off your work.

5beb20b664465_MPCPettyCharger.jpe.b0cb1820e21cf58afd98e9a184f04c90.jpe

What dilemma are you referring to? I thought you said race kits are what sells so that’s what they should be making.  Given your favorable comments about the kit I am surprised you didn’t buy one  

Also, I hate to have to break the news, but this release of the kit does not have a clear body. It’s molded in petty blue.  It was going to be clear, but I seem to recall that they couldn’t fully reverse mold changes made over the years and plastic wouldn’t flow into the mold properly to get a swirl-free clear body.  

Chris, hat's the best answer I've never heard for the reason they didn't do the clear body. Thanks, it really makes sense, more than all the other goofy reasons we've heard since it was reissued.

And good point, it is a great kit, what are you waiting for Bob Grieger ? Quit yer bellyaching and get  back to that hobby shop and buy one before they ARE all gone. Then spend some time building it instead of all your speculations you post here.;)

You can do it buddy, you might even enjoy the building part of this hobby.:lol:

Mr Myers

You sure know a lot.

You know I haven't bought an MPC Petty Charger.

You know I don't build anything.

That's AMAZING! How do know about these things?

Say. Can you help me out here?

Do you know where somebody is selling an MPC Ford J Car for $20 including shipping?

" find the one with a clear body. "

That is the only version I'm interested in.

The new Wynns Jammer with NO clear body.

That just let's us know where we stand with Round 2.

You savvy buyer's want something? Well .Forget it! Kits for the masses!

Away with you scummy despicable deal seekers! Just shell out thirty dollars plus for whatever we feel like putting out and be quiet!

Take it and like it!

They quit too soon with their slotcars.

Never got to the REAL DEAL!

Early 60's sportscars. Chaparall, GT40, Lotus and more.

On 11/13/2018 at 7:54 AM, regular guy said:

Just realized why I am dissatisfied with most of what gets put out.

A lot of experience with cars!

Then I have too much life experience to pay too much for an old rare kit.

Real world parts and supplies win out over paying money for a model kit with me.

So here we sit!

I ........................ I got nothing. I won't be wasting time with your posts in the future.

39 minutes ago, regular guy said:

Mr Myers

You sure know a lot.

You know I haven't bought an MPC Petty Charger.

You know I don't build anything.

That's AMAZING! How do know about these things?

Say. Can you help me out here?

Do you know where somebody is selling an MPC Ford J Car for $20 including shipping?

Re: Ford J Car: This isn't the "Wanted!" section. There is a separate category for that.  Please adhere to the rules.

4 minutes ago, regular guy said:

You don't get it.

I was kidding with Gregg.

If you think I am really looking for that kit I am a little concerned about you.

Sorry, Bob. If you think I am not really grasping what you are saying, then you are.... correct.
In fact, I am trying to avoid this endless pit of nonsense as much as possible.