Model Cars Magazine Forum

Deux Chevaux.

modelbomber

Well after a long hot & humid summer of no building I finally finished my Tamiya Citroen 2cv.  Nice kit everything went together well, the tiny screws that hold the suspension and the tiny door handles were a bit figity ( you need patients)  Working suspension, it`s painted in gun metal with flat earth for the interior. I realized after it was complete that the real car didn`t have back-up lights...….Oops:unsure:

DSC00777.JPG

DSC00778.JPG

DSC00779.JPG

DSC00780.JPG

DSC00782.JPG

DSC00785.JPG

DSC00786.JPG

DSC00783.JPG

DSC00787.JPG

First off, your model looks great and reminds me of the ones I saw a couple of years ago in Travers City MI. were they had an owners club gathering. Second, while these cars are so homely they're cute. These vehicles were perfect for France after the WWII in helping them get back on their feet.     

5 hours ago, espo said:

First off, your model looks great and reminds me of the ones I saw a couple of years ago in Travers City MI. were they had an owners club gathering. Second, while these cars are so homely they're cute. These vehicles were perfect for France after the WWII in helping them get back on their feet.     

They were the Volkswagen of France. Most French people have 2CV memories of some sort.

Edited by landman

Superb! We had hundreds if not thousands here at one time, France being so close! We used to call them the tin snail, due to the first ones being built of corrugated mild steel, and very slow having the twin cylinder air cooled motor, but very comfortable with the unique suspension.

Very cool and trendy with the hippies of the 60's and 70's covered in large flower power stickers!

Edited by PatW