Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air

GeeBee

18 minutes ago, Wm David Green said:

Great post, loving the paint and detail, your skills are the tops.

I have the same kit but in RED plastic, should be fun and I presume everything will need to be primed.

Depending on what colour your going to be painting the body in, you might need to put a barrier cost on to stop the red from bleeding through.

Looking good Geoff!

Surprisingly, this is one classic that I haven't built yet.

A model car builder who hasn't built his own '57 Chevy is rather like a rock band that has never played a version of Chuck Berry's Roll Over Beethoven.

I'm going to have to address that. :D

David G.

4 hours ago, David G. said:

Looking good Geoff!

Surprisingly, this is one classic that I haven't built yet.

A model car builder who hasn't built his own '57 Chevy is rather like a rock band that has never played a version of Chuck Berry's Roll Over Beethoven.

I'm going to have to address that. :D

David G.

I never used to build any American cars because I couldn't get hold of the correct colours, and I'm a stickler for using the correct factory colors on my builds, since MCW lacquer started shipping their paints overseas, my American models have increased immensely, I've always wanted to build a 57 Chevrolet, I managed to pick up a couple at a very good price 

4 hours ago, GeeBee said:

I never used to build any American cars because I couldn't get hold of the correct colours, and I'm a stickler for using the correct factory colors on my builds, since MCW lacquer started shipping their paints overseas, my American models have increased immensely, I've always wanted to build a 57 Chevrolet, I managed to pick up a couple at a very good price 

Looking very nice Geoff!

Every collection needs at least one '57 Chevy.

At some point I would like to build the Revell '57 Convertible and the 150 sedan to accompany my sport coupe.

Steve

20 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Looking very nice Geoff!

Every collection needs at least one '57 Chevy.

At some point I would like to build the Revell '57 Convertible and the 150 sedan to accompany my sport coupe.

Steve

I've got the Revell 150 to build, however the convertible is proving harder to find, however the ipms nationals is on in just over 5 weeks, and there's usually a good selection of dealers there.

I very nearly forget to paint the inside of the bootlid and bonnet, the white wall inserts were airbrushed with Hycote white primer,the rear inner wheel arches and boot floor and spare wheel well was airbrushed in Larkspur blue, once dry it can be masked so the rubber boot matting and interior carpet can be painted. 

20191006_142356.jpg

I really don't do much brush painting, but I really didn't see an easy option of masking it up leaving the spare wheel well in body colour, so some Tamiya XF-85,Rubber black and a brush it was, doesn't look too bad....

20191007_164013.jpg