Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Nomad Gasser

Gerald Haney

20 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Clean build, but you've got the front axle on upside down. Put it on right and your stance will look a lot better. B)

I did a Chevy rat gasser a while back by accidentally gluing the front Axel upsidedown. I find its is a surprisingly easy way to give a car the crazy classic gasser look. Regardless I think the car looks fantastic!

11 hours ago, Gumball said:

I did a Chevy rat gasser a while back by accidentally gluing the front Axel upsidedown. I find its is a surprisingly easy way to give a car the crazy classic gasser look. Regardless I think the car looks fantastic!

But, a Gasser doesn't have this kind of nose-up stance. It is said in all of the old NHRA Rulebooks. This is a quote from 1968 Rulebook:

"Engine may not be raised more than twenty-four (24) inches from the ground, measured from the centerline of the front crank pulley to the ground."

And watching the old Gasser pictures, none of them had a stance like this one.

Don't get me wrong guys, the Nomad is very nicely done. Great job with the paint and detailing. It's just not a Gasser.

Hey guys I appreciate all the comments.  I know it’s probably not technically the right height in the front to be a legal gasser. I was going for extreme, outlandish, over the top, attention getting, radical blasting off the light look!  If I had more interest and patience I would’ve made an attempt at smoke off the rear tires and fire out of the exhaust. I rebuilt it from a mess and I got a few of the parts from a friend and my parts box.  I keep trying to push my skills and get better.  This was my 23rd build since I started building again in dec ‘16. It’s all fun. 

I only cussed a lil bit! ?

76F95732-808F-4609-8962-14AA8F7C0AF5.jpeg