Model Cars Magazine Forum

Johan 63 Oldsmobile

thatz4u

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 4:25 PM, Modlbldr said:

I'll be watching. I just got one last month from someone. Mine has been stripped to the light blue plastic but looks in about the same condition. Can't wait to see what you do with yours.

Later-

thanks, I have a few ideas for it, we'll see how it works out.

On 1/25/2019 at 7:17 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

I'll be following. I've got the kit and a 1:1 Dynamic 88 convert to start on sometime.

why not start it now?

1 hour ago, thatz4u said:

...why not start it now?

As far as the real one goes, I don't have an enclosed workspace for it at the moment, here in Ga. I'll be moving the car to Az., along with everything else, after I finish up two client projects here. There's a decent sized shop with attached paint-booth and office, as well as a lift, at the property out there.

I've been picking up bits and pieces for years, like a vintage Edelbrock 3X2 manifold, etc.

I HAVE been using the convertible model to get a feel of what sort of wheels and rubber and stance I want to go for on the real car, and experimenting with things like body-colored bumpers, etc.   :)

All your work looks great, by the way.  :D

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Brutalform said:

This is an interesting build. I rarely see a nice Olds being built from the early 60s. 

This is looking really nice so far. 

That's absolutely true.

Mostly because Oldsmobile and Buick have been so grossly ignored by the kit manufacturers since the annuals disappeared in the mid-60s.

This is about the only full sized Oldsmobile kit that can still be found from this time period.

Steve