Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Huracan Performante

martinfan5

Finished this one up, paint is Lamborghini Verde Ithaca Green from Scalefinishes, this was not my first color choice to paint it, wanted to go with a Orange but I was not able to get it mixed up.   Over all, this is not a great kit, there is whole lot of stuff that just does not fit good, the side windows dont seat in the opening, the rear end piece doesnt fit at all unless trim some off of the chrome taillight piece.  The rocker panel pieces dont fit all that great either. The real car comes in this odd Carbon Fiber pattern( interior,engine compartment, wing) that no one has accurately done in decals yet.  It was very hard photographing this color, had to go darker on the exposure to even kind of capture the correct shade and not have it blown out .  I did use some bits from the Detail Up Set.

lhp1-vi.jpg[/URL]
lhp2-vi.jpg[/URL]
lhp8-vi.jpg[/URL]
lhp3-vi.jpg[/URL]
lhp4-vi.jpg[/URL]
lhp5-vi.jpg[/URL]
lhp6-vi.jpg[/URL]

2 hours ago, Ich_Will said:

Looks great. Splash Paints has the CF decals you need if you decide to do it again. I'll be starting my Arancio Borealis Huracan later this spring. 

Referring to the Fuelme's forged carbon fiber decals, which I bought recently. I also recently suggested Scale Motorsport create some.

Great job! I think ot came out fantastic despite the fitting problems, and I think the green really suits it.

I have the Aoshima kit in my stash. I'll build it some day, but with the fit issues mentioned, I think it may stay on the shelf for a long time.

• 2 months later...