Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mickey Thompson "MonoCoque" Mustang F/C: On the Workbench 3/21/19

Amazing work Mr. Teresi!!  I'm old enough to remember reading the Hot Rod magazine article on this car, which, though groundbreaking, was a colossal failure.  I love the detail of the monocoque!  I am definitely following this to its fantastic completion!

John, the interior tins for the monocoque and body modes are fantastic.  How are you cutting them?  Laser cutting thingamajig or by hand?  They're just too perfect...........if that's possible on your models.   I'm amazed.   cheers

6 hours ago, Codi said:

John, the interior tins for the monocoque and body modes are fantastic.  How are you cutting them?  Laser cutting thingamajig or by hand?  They're just too perfect...........if that's possible on your models.   I'm amazed.   cheers

Mr.Teresi cuts everything by hand...

he doesn't know how to spell "laser" or what a caliper is used for!

He's the Master of Plastruct/Evergreen!!

Edited by curt raitz
missspelling

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments ......I really Do appreciate them:)..........I did little more work to the "Monocoque" Body........and made a Fuel Tank and body tower locks......and stared on the top 1/2 of the  body tins......I will work on the front end next......thanks for looking 

DSCF0508_zpsuaws8iad.jpg

DSCF0507_zpsyfreyt03.jpg

DSCF0514_zpsdvjcwoqj.jpg

DSCF0515_zpshgdbzplj.jpg

DSCF0509_zps5zpfddqy.jpg

• Like 1

Hello.......thank you all so very much for the kind comments .......I really do appreciate them:)......I made the front end starting with a Revell Dragster axle as a starting point,I scratch built everything else.......I`m going to start on the rear end next......thanks for looking

DSCF0522_zpsfxtpyyod.jpg

DSCF0523_zpss7oe90fv.jpg

DSCF0524_zpsvel8bs1w.jpg

DSCF0521_zps9pwwylg8.jpg

DSCF0519_zpsz5ptofgg.jpg

• Like 1