Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 Packard Club sedan

landman

On 10/1/2019 at 2:54 PM, Richard Bartrop said:

Not everyone wanted whitewalls back then, and it wasn't always about economics.  Here's an ad for a Cadillac V-16, and this body was the most expensive one you could get for that year. Clearly the folks at GM thought it looked just fine without them.

caddy_silver16.jpg

This is the body the Jo-Han kit is based on, right?

Charlie Larkin

On 10/21/2019 at 9:17 AM, Bugatti Fan said:

Great to see someone doing a kit bash with inter wars classics from some of the old Monogram kits.

18 hours ago, misterNNL said:

A beautiful coach built body by St-Marten beauty. Looks elegant and well proportioned. Great work. 

Thank you gentlemen. After installing the glass and interior the body would not set down properly on the chassis. It turns out a protuberance at the bottom was interfering. More surgery.

IMG_9579.JPG

8 hours ago, Eric Macleod said:

I would strongly agree with you on the black louvers. It adds a bit more visual depth to the front of the car.

It's the hole that bug me. I wonder which material would make the scribing of the louvers easier, putty or plastic plugs?

1 hour ago, Eric Macleod said:

Or I could sent you one without holes. PM me your mailing address and I am happy to send you a new one.

Thank you for the kind offer, Eric. I dohave a gold one from the Metal Master kit. Let me try to Alclad it first.

IMG_9587.JPG

IMG_9588.JPG

• 2 weeks later...