Model Cars Magazine Forum

Coca Cola Kits ?

12 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Speaking of "the real thing", a suggestion for Round2/AMT: Put your money where your mouth is and tool up a REAL delivery body and chassis for one of your existing truck kits (yes, including those wheels/tires):

1950_coca_cola_1.jpg.da1cc6546c77680ea65767cb87fae4a4.jpg

The Coca-Collectors would buy plenty of them, and so would the rest of us builders, many of whom would toss the delivery part and build various haulers. 

Consider the gauntlet thrown.default_dry.png.0e147700bedeb0125f7288fe710d56cc.png

The chassis and wheels for this are hidden in plain view.

hqdefault.jpg

Don't count the lug nuts, though...

Edited by Junkman

I knew the term "Opel Blitz" would be coming soon - many many builders have used that chassis, but the wheels and military tires just aren't right - and I'd like to think Round2 would rather put my money in their kangaroo's pouch than see it go to Italeri or the aftermarket. Plus they can sell the wheels and tires as a parts pack, and they could get as many variations on that cab-and-chassis unit as Moebius does on their Ford pickups. Can't hurt to suggest it.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

• 2 weeks later...

Another Idea. The Coke S-10 Xtreme and the Coke Ranger Splash. New Decals, Pad Printed Tires, and run the kits as they are. A 90's Flashback.

This would attract Coke Collectors, Pickup Truck Builders and the 90's are now fair game for Nostalgia Purchases. Guys who built those kits back then are about ready for a re-do. I think this would be easy.

• 2 years later...
On 9/20/2019 at 7:27 AM, stavanzer said:

Another Idea. The Coke S-10 Xtreme and the Coke Ranger Splash. New Decals, Pad Printed Tires, and run the kits as they are. A 90's Flashback.

This would attract Coke Collectors, Pickup Truck Builders and the 90's are now fair game for Nostalgia Purchases. Guys who built those kits back then are about ready for a re-do. I think this would be easy.

Ranger was already done.

Loose_AMT_Ford_Ranger-1_540x.jpg.4a8d4405da79499e2fba86af025273c2.jpg

I don't think it attracted that many collectors, though.