Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Aventador Miura edition

Dann Tier

• 2 weeks later...

This bugger is about ready for paint as well!!

-Photo 1; Time to open those intakes! I drilled them out first, then followed it up with a PE saw, and Olfa blade. The arrow shows where i filled in a part seam. i first used CA glue, then Tamiya filler later.

-Photo 2; I dont really know why Aoshimas gas lid is a separate piece...i prefer them to be scribed in, but on this Fujimi kit, it had the WORST -almost invisible detail, so i had to re-scribe it.

-Photo 3; The vents are successfully opened!

-Photo 4; Since the engine glass is semi gloss black on this version, i decided to attach them to make fewer parts, and painting easier.

-Photo 5; The arrows point to areas that still need the tiniest amount of filling.

-Photo 6; All the interior bits ready for paint!...since i'm limo tinting the windows, i dont need to fill in the backs of the headrests, and i'm not sure if i'm going to eliminate the molded-in foot peddles....feeling a bit; "Whatever" about them this time, lol

-Photo 7; Here are the rest of the undercarriage bits -all ready for paint as well!......as is in photo 8's exterior bits!

DSCF9218.JPG

DSCF9219.JPG

DSCF9220.JPG

DSCF9224.JPG

DSCF9225.JPG

DSCF9222.JPG

DSCF9223.JPG

DSCF9226.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

29 minutes ago, beeRS said:

Thanks for opening this thread with a detailed compare and contrast of the two kits. It will really help modelers contemplating an Avantedor. I had to do it the expensive way - buying both kits!

Looking forward to watching your build.

You are more than welcome, bud!...thanks for following!!

Hey, everyone!...got a bit of an update here...If it hadnt been for a bad bottle of CA glue, i woulda had ALL the parts for this kit ready for paint.

-Photo 1; If your gonna glue the side vent trim on before paint, then do it BEFORE you put the rockers on...its just easier.

-Photo 2; I also decided to glue the bonnet vents on at this time.

-Photo 3; Dont know why the tailights have locating pins...because of the distinct shape, and fit, they are unnecessary, as are the attachment loops on all the vents. They may actually cause fitment issues after the body is painted. I noticed the vents went in better when i removed the outside loops, but make sure to really sand down the outside edges of the vents, or you will NOT be able to seat them all the way at final assembly.

-Photo 4; I cant stand the style of wheels that are on the actual Miura car, but it cant have just ordinary ones either, so i decided to tweak these a bit. The original Miura wheels had a TON of little details to them, so this simple addition will add more also, and keep to the well known Lambo look.

NOTE: Before i forget again, This fujimi kit has another downfall when compared to Aoshimas....the rear wing is molded in....with Aoshima, its a separate part that can be also built with the wing up.

DSCF9296.JPG

DSCF9297.JPG

DSCF9298.JPG

DSCF9300.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

Hey, everyone!, ALL the bits to this kit will be painted today after i figure out something about the black space between the rear vents. I know its suppose to be reminiscant of the Miuras rear mesh, but why not take it a step further, and make it mesh also?!! The "real deal" photos show the look i will be going for...a lighter tan interior though. Most of these interiors are done crazy, but i'm not keen on that...i like simplicity the best.

-Photo 1; In my mind, if i was gonna copy the original Miura, i wouldnt just have black paint connecting the rear vents, i would have MESH!...so i will!

-Photo 2; To more closely resemble the original, i will also NOT be adding gold to the front fascia.

-Photo 3&4; This is how i want my interior to look, but with a lighter beige.

-Photo 5&6; Its always a better idea to make vent stencils BEFORE you paint the body....the less you need to handle it, the less chance of messing something up!

images (1).jpg

download.jpg

2017-Lamborghini-Aventador-Miura-Homage-Interior-Dashboard_d.jpg

2017-Lamborghini-Aventador-Miura-Homage-Interior-Seats_d.jpg

DSCF9305.JPG

DSCF9306.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

I did mine years ago, so I know it's not accurate, but it still looks better than what the kit offers. First I removed all the blank areas, then fitted "stuff" to improve the look. Since then I've purchased the Pocher Aventador, so now I've learned all about what's accurate and what isn't, still at our model club, there are no Lambo experts, (except Dave MacDonald), my 1/24th version went over well!

Sept 1st 008 (Large).JPG

Sept. 8th 2015 004 (Large).JPG

Edited by dino246gt

3 hours ago, dino246gt said:

I did mine years ago, so I know it's not accurate, but it still looks better than what the kit offers. First I removed all the blank areas, then fitted "stuff" to improve the look. Since then I've purchased the Pocher Aventador, so now I've learned all about what's accurate and what isn't, still at our model club, there are no Lambo experts, (except Dave MacDonald), my 1/24th version went over well!

Sept 1st 008 (Large).JPG

Sept. 8th 2015 004 (Large).JPG

VERY nice job, bud!!!....i love this kit!!, its really fun so far!!!....sounds like you need to be the Lambo expert now!!!

Hey, everyone!....my mesh idea was a success!

-Photo 1; After attaching mesh that was the closest i could find to match the vents, i proceeded to attach square styrene rod to the perimeter of it. I was lucky to have the pre-made size that matched the trim around the other vents.  You can also see my starting points for gluing them on. Once these points of contact were dry, i moved along with the same technique.

-Photo 2; Here i added the vertical bits...once fully dry, i sniped off the ends, and used CA glue to fill all the joints.

-Photo 3; I think it looks more Miura than just painting the area....again, once dry, i will sand the joints to blend them all in.

DSCF9316.JPG

DSCF9317.JPG

DSCF9318.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier