Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Aventador Miura edition

Dann Tier

Hey, everyone!, here are the last two bits i had to make....now this entire kit can be painted! -its been kleaned...rinsed, and is drying as we speak -paint tomorrow!!

-These are the two sail panel vents that i had to cut open. Since there were no plastic mesh inserts, i attached some of the PE mesh from the Hobby Design set to shaped styrene. It'd be stupid if they were the only see-through vents.

DSCF9369.JPG

23 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

I have never been a fan of exotic cars but i watch all of your builds just to see your work. You do some really great work and i enjoy following your builds.

Thanks, bud!, i'm glad you're enjoying them....i have ALOT more to come!!

22 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Came out nice!  What gold paint are you using?  I've never been satisfied with Testors, the Alclad gold for Lexan r/c bodies isn't much better, I want better.

Thanks, Bud!!, i cant stand Alclad stuff....a pain to use, and it rubs off. I prefer Spaz Stix Ultimate Mirror Chrome....its 100x's better, and stronger. The Gold i use is Tamiyas -TS 21 i think.

Heres another bit of an  update for you all;

-Ran out of gray Filler primer yesterday, so i had to use the red Filler primer. Not an issue, since the next step is black primer, followed by the black kolor. Black covers this red primer almost easier than the gray anyway.

-As you can see, all four wheels are done now, and i'm pretty chuffed about how they turned out!.....more to come soon!!

DSCF9379.JPG

DSCF9378.JPG

DSCF9380.JPG