Model Cars Magazine Forum

2020 Cannonball Run Build Thread!

disconovaman

28 minutes ago, gasser59 said:

Is this the only picture you have of it?

Yeah, the photo is from before. I don't think he took any photos with the straight axel because it was crashed during early testing... I guess it was just to hard to handle with the combination, that 409 was big horsepower for 63,64,65... It must've been a hand full with the straight axel. Anyways, the story is on YouTube if you search "Buried 55 Chevy" 

Unfortunately Tony P's Cadillac doesn't get much screen time, so I have to guess at some of the details. I'm going with a white interior with black carpet. I have an extra interior from a Donks kit and I feel like the diamond tuck is appropriate. I also added a shifter to the column, I'm not really sure why Revell didn't include one.

NqAujtm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You guys have changed my mind about the CRB. I'm batting 0 for 2 on these group builds as I have a Peking to Paris and a Vannonball Run build still in progress. That said, I'd like to join in myself, if it is not too late.

I'm in with the 1914 Stutz Bearcat from the TV  series 'Bearcats" from 1971.

1914 Stutz Bearcat Replica

A little progress on the Charger.  Acrylic yellow/green Paint on the body, engine in the chassis, suspension done.  Decals arrived from Keith Marks, its coming together!  See a couple spots I need to touch up.

DMCL 3.jpg

DMCL 5.jpg

DMCL r.jpg

Edited by fivesuns
add comment

Good progress guys! I'm dragging my feet as usual... I'm actually still trying to track down the other version of the 67 Camaro Revell kit for the Hood, grill, and other parts that the kit I have doesn't have... Hope to find it this weekend at the MDA show. I have been busy at other projects one of which was a memorial build and I'm happy with how it's turning out.

I also need to update the Roster at this time...

2020 Cannonball Roster

1. bobthehobbyguy -Dom's Daytona Charger F&F6

2. LouO  -Billy Madison's 79 Trans Am

3. fivesuns -Dirty Mary Crazy Larry Dodge Charger

4. stitchdup. - Hooper's Trans Am

5. DPNM - Death Proof  Dodge Charger

6. MeatMan - Meeting Evil 72 GTO

7. larman - Dodge Charger Dukes of Hazzard

8. Jhedir6 - 67 Mustang Gone in 60 seconds

9. LL3 Model Worx - Daytona Spider Miami Vice

10. Oldmopars -Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. 379 Peterbilt

11. KWT -68 Charger Bullitt 

12. Misha - 51 Hudson The Irishman

13.  Belugawrx- Shelby Cobra Gumball Rally (1976)

14. Bespoke - 66 Thunderbird Thelma & Louise

15. disconovaman - 67 Camaro Better Off Dead

16. Fat Brian- Transformers Mustang Barricade

17. 64SS350 - Bumblebee Camaro

18. Sam I Am Vanishing Point Challenger

19. spencer1984 - Hot Rods To Hell 58 Corvette

20. streetmachine11 - Cherry2000 Mustang

21. Pat Minarick - Up In Smoke VW convertible

22. Cpt Tuttle - Defender Viper

23. Pete75 - Lotus Esprit S1 The Spy Who Loved Me

24. Grid_88 - Starsky & Hutch Ford Torino

25. 89AKurt -  The Thomas Crown Affair 68 Ferrari

26. 426 pack - Terminator/Nightmare Chevy Pickup 

27. Lunajammer - Road House Buick Riviera

28. Rodent-  57 Fairlane 500  It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World

29. 1/24DragAndStreetCars- Porsche 911 GT2  Love The Beast

30. marv13 - Fast And Furious Dodge Charger

31. da_ashman - Banes Tumbler  The Dark Knight Rises

32. gasser59 - Two Lane Blacktop 55 Chevy

33. avidinha-    Mystery Men Cadillic

34. FredRPG- Myrthmobile Wayne's World

35. Superbird McMonte- Covette Summer 

36. alexis- 1914 Stutz Bearcat Bearcats 

Edited by disconovaman

Well I stalled out for a few weeks on this build, but mainly due to being out of town. In the last 2 months I have been in Indiana, Atlanta, San Diego, Victoria BC, Los Angeles and Yakima, all for a week each or more. Bench time has slowed to a crawl. 

However I was able to get home a little early this week and got a bit done on the truck. I think I am finished. I am posting a picture here now, and will get the final nice outside pictures later today. 

As you can see it has a dusty look to it, this is not from sitting on the shelf, I have spent a fair bit of time weathering it to look this way. I may have a few little bits to touch up, but I think it is basically done.  

IMG_1075.jpg

2020-01-20 17_51_17-(2) Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S06E08) _ Sarge(Coulson) put bomb in Truck a.jpg

Edited by Oldmopars

My puppy got to the engine. It was completely built, I just had a little detail painting to do. He chewed everything off it, only leaving the distributor. I guess Tony P's Cadillac is going to be curbside. At least it's something I can fix by gluing the hood shut.

T9ceVsh.jpg

RxY3H5Q.jpg

He's lucky he's cute.

DtjUIud.jpg

Edited by avidinha

4 minutes ago, alexis said:

Bad Dog!  Do you want another Engine?  I have a spare.

I appreciate the offer, but now that I think about it, I think I have one, I cut up 2 of these kits to make a hearse and I should have the other engine still. Thanks for helping to jog my memory!

I've almost got the guts of Barricade done. The last thing I need to do is attach the rear suspension and wheels to set the ride height and stance. Then it's on to the body, it's put together but I haven't painted it you so I could handle it while I'm getting the chassis squared away.

20200310_082253.jpg.21ba815f491b75e2ff98a2da76a556e8.jpg20200310_082501.jpg.42cef3360058aa6b8f5f6c885df78789.jpg

2 hours ago, alexis said:

Looks nice, Brain. I'm planning on finally getting some bench time this weekend to work on my Stutz racer.

Thanks, I had forgotten how easy most kits can build if you just use the pieces in the box and leave them alone. 

56 minutes ago, Fat Brian said:

Thanks, I had forgotten how easy most kits can build if you just use the pieces in the box and leave them alone. 

Now you have change name from Brian to brain , but may also do this car also from Mad Max it made in resin.

302755378423_1.jpg

right%20side.jpg

On 3/6/2020 at 2:07 PM, Oldmopars said:

However I was able to get home a little early this week and got a bit done on the truck. I think I am finished. I am posting a picture here now, and will get the final nice outside pictures later today.

Sarge's truck looks great, nicely done!

On 3/6/2020 at 9:26 PM, avidinha said:

My puppy got to the engine. It was completely built, I just had a little detail painting to do. He chewed everything off it, only leaving the distributor. I guess Tony P's Cadillac is going to be curbside. At least it's something I can fix by gluing the hood shut.

Been there, our dog has survived this long for the same reason ?

And in other news, I was able to wrap up the Hot Rods to Hell Corvette:

hrth-corvette-16.jpg.1691864f811afed3c502f515502bc7f8.jpg

hrth-corvette-17.jpg.b3a24110f515a71e339a2033a37ee23b.jpg

hrth-corvette-18.jpg.931aeaf9a8ceb3290c2f718fbaa2153b.jpg

Thanks Anthony for starting us off, it was good to have an excuse to finally get this one off the "to do" list!