2. LouO  -Billy Madison's 79 Trans Am

?3. fivesuns -Dirty Mary Crazy Larry Dodge Charger

4. stitchdup. - Hooper's Trans Am

5. DPNM - Death Proof  Dodge Charger

6. MeatMan - Meeting Evil 72 GTO

7. larman - Dodge Charger Dukes of Hazzard

8. Jhedir6 - 67 Mustang Gone in 60 seconds

9. LL3 Model Worx - Daytona Spider Miami Vice

?10. Oldmopars -Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. 379 Peterbilt.

11. KWT -68 Charger Bullitt 

12. Misha - 51 Hudson The Irishman

13.  Belugawrx- Shelby Cobra Gumball Rally (1976)

14. Bespoke - 66 Thunderbird Thelma & Louise

15. disconovaman - 67 Camaro Better Off Dead

16. Fat Brian- Transformers Mustang Barricade

17. 64SS350 - Bumblebee Camaro

18. Sam I Am Vanishing Point Challenger

? 19. spencer1984 - Hot Rods To Hell 58 Corvette

20. streetmachine11 - Cherry2000 Mustang

21. Pat Minarick - Up In Smoke VW convertible

22. Cpt Tuttle - Defender Viper

23. Pete75 - Lotus Esprit S1 The Spy Who Loved Me

24. Grid_88 - Starsky & Hutch Ford Torino

? 25. 89AKurt -  The Thomas Crown Affair 68 Ferrari

26. 426 pack - Terminator/Nightmare Chevy Pickup 

27. Lunajammer - Road House Buick Riviera

28. Rodent-  57 Fairlane 500  It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World

29. 1/24DragAndStreetCars- Porsche 911 GT2  Love The Beast

30. marv13 - Fast And Furious Dodge Charger

31. da_ashman - Banes Tumbler  The Dark Knight Rises

32. gasser59 - Two Lane Blacktop 55 Chevy

33. avidinha-    Mystery Men Cadillic

34. FredRPG- Myrthmobile Wayne's World

35. Superbird McMonte- CorvetteSummer 

36. alexis- 1914 Stutz Bearcat Bearcats 

37. eldiablo78- Mad Max Falcon

38. markbt73- 67 GTX Convertable. Angel T.V.  series

39. MININORTHFORDMAN- Cannonball (1976) 69 Mustang

40. Keollifornia Kid- Black Beauty.  Green Hornet (2011)

Hey folks, we're just over that halfway point with the build process and we have some finished builds that are fantastic as well as other builds I hope will make some progress in the coming months (myself included lol) 

I haven't been able to get much bench time in latley due to my bathroom being gutted (by me, none the less)... But I'll get back to modeling when I get that knocked out soon I hope... 

So get into Model Mode! and remember, "It's Showtime!!

Below are "Gutted" & "So far" photos of my  bathroom project, sorry it's not a model (I wish it was) but in a way it's very similar... Laying tile is like the drum solo from that Phil Collins song... Slow and steady til the end and then it's a celebration! ?

20200509_160351.jpg

20200609_224305.jpg

Edited by disconovaman

Finally! Some progress! I had started cutting apart the old chassis of the 911 GT2 when work got PACKED. All this pandemic stuff has had me busy as can be with very little time for modelling. But I have made some progress! Got the chassis and suspension temporary glued into position, and began to smooth the body.

Since this was made as a curbside kit, I cut out all of the faux engine detail and will be building it like a tube-chassis car. The engine is from the 'Bay which will be getting a moderately sized turbo to keep boost high and spool times low.

Here's some pictures.

15935572395757091878776283735308.jpg

1593557266330164251177253469457.jpg

15935573733444126862575922765972.jpg

34 minutes ago, 1/24DragAndStreetCars said:

All this pandemic stuff has had me busy as can be with very little time for modelling. 

I hear you there..I'm busier than a one armed paper hanger.    I like the progress you've made.?

On 6/27/2020 at 5:03 PM, disconovaman said:

Hey folks, we're just over that halfway point with the build process and we have some finished builds that are fantastic as well as other builds I hope will make some progress in the coming months (myself included)

Might as well check mine off as finished too #13

Nice progress on the bathroom !               Gotta say... isnt that tap and spout going to impede movement into and out of the tub..?                                       

Tile work looks good, I like the edge tiles to finish?

Edited by Belugawrx

1 hour ago, Belugawrx said:

Gotta say... isnt that tap and spout going to impede movement into and out of the tub..?                                       

I'm glad you noted that because I had the same question and I wanted it on the front end of the tub but the wife kept saying from a design perspective, it should be on the side. (Thanks Pintrest).?

After I had it mounted, I was standing back looking at it and It suddenly dawned on me that I should've mounted it on the opposite side to get it out of the way... But I didn't say a word to her about that ?...

She loves it and it's where she wanted it. I've seen her get in and out of it and it doesn't phase her.. She's happy so what more can I ask for? ?

1 hour ago, Belugawrx said:

Nice progress on the bathroom ! 

Thanks... I guess it's not too bad for a beginner. ? But I don't think I want to see if I can do better next time... ??? I got models to build! I dont have time for this nonsense! ?

I'm not quite finished with it yet so I better be careful what I say... I just wanna be done! Shower doors & Vantity install is next. Mounting double mirrors and what ever else she wants me to do! Ugh! ???

After 3 paint jobs I decided that it didn't need to be perfect. After I decided it didn't need to be perfect it seemed to progress a lot faster.

I got the front end together with the TONY-P plaque on the front. I also modified the top of the grill so I could install the hood ornament like the 1:1.

d9hrxxF.jpg

I also got the rear end and continental kit together. The only rear shot of the Caddy is too far away to make out the rear plate, so I knew I was going to have to make one to follow the rules. Mystery Men takes place in a fictional city, but I felt like it had a Detroit feel so I made some Michigan plates in black with white letters to match the front plaque.

DzIQs8L.jpg

More next time.

Wow! I'm just in Awe with the Mystrey Men Cadillac! Best looking example of this kit by far! I want one now! Turned my back on one of the pre-painted jobs awhile back for 10 bucks now I'm kicking myself lol...

I've desided that it's gonna be easier to seperate the Finished builds from the "In progress" or in my case (Stalled builds) ? with 40 builds in the running I think it will be better to see finished builds at the "Starting line" for me, seeing these will hopefully motivate the pack.

Here are the current, and Very Impressive Starting Line-up Builds...

?10. Oldmopars -Marvel's Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. 379 Peterbilt.

?19. spencer1984 - Hot Rods To Hell 58 Corvette

?25. 89AKurt -  The Thomas Crown Affair 68 Ferrari

?13.  Belugawrx- Shelby Cobra Gumball Rally (1976)

? 3. fivesuns -Dirty Mary Crazy Larry Dodge Charger

?33. avidinha-    Mystery Men Cadillic

I hope I haven't missed anyone... Please correct me if I'm wrong.  I've sincerely enjoyed overseeing this year's CBR guys, dispite all the hurdles in my personal life... I never thought a new house would have me working and taking most of my spare time away... I'll be releived when the job is finished so I can get back to modeling "Full-time"...

Edited by disconovaman

8 hours ago, disconovaman said:

Blacked out the Better Off Dead Camaro this morning while the temperature was still somewhat low (about 68 degrees) in the garage... I'd almost forgotten how pretty a 1st gen camaro is in black. Be back soon...

That paint looks awesome Anthony!

Thanks... The goal is to start getting all the parts painted. I think I can make some actual progress then lol... I feel like Art is imitating Life and the scene in the movie where Lane, John Cusack's character finally gets the Camaro running... Only for me, painting is the accomplishment. Then it's off to the K12!

Edited by disconovaman

#40 Black Beauty

After finishing the work of the custom front...

22.jpg.0af49957049b822153c3ac9b2e838c59.jpg

...I started to convert the coupe into a four door. First I sanded off the vinyl pattern from the roof and scratch built a frame for a larger back lite opening...

23.jpg.5bfbc378083bd424a1a11f068f3741c5.jpg

...opened it, got rid of the door handles, engraved new door lines and installed new window posts:

24.jpg.a82cca17bcb1022353db06edc3cabbc6.jpg

Edited by Koellefornia Kid

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got to where I need to be to start on the bullit charger, and just like that... Screwed up a vital piece. So yeah... If the court would be so inclined to scrap my idea and grant me a pardon, Id like to rejoin with John Wicks mustang...

I have the boss 302 here...

IMG_20200802_080640444.thumb.jpg.fe7e5790ced87d5a73eb9301a72fadc4.jpg

I think I have the old mach 1 for a more accurate body in storage.

About to remove the plastic and get started right now.

28 minutes ago, disconovaman said:

Then John Wick's Mustang it shall be...

Just curious though what "vital" peice got screwed up? I've got a small hoard of those Revell Chargers...if I can help...

Thank ya sir...

Well... I knocked my glass over. Which knocked the body to the floor. I got up to get it. Hung my foot. Stumbled. Stepped on the body. I have another 69 charger in my cart to purchase, just haven't pulled the trigger.

I just saw John Wick for the first time this weekend and have been trying to figure out what to do with this mustang anyway.

Found the mach 1. Already making progress on the build. Hood scoop (not attached) from a revell 68, body from the mach 1, nose, hood and spoiler from the boss 302. Added evergreen below the doors for the chrome strips. 

IMG_20200802_111647926.thumb.jpg.2d5ac1d7a7a27165add907dd726bdadc.jpg

On 7/11/2020 at 1:34 PM, Koellefornia Kid said:

#40 Black Beauty

After finishing the work of the custom front...

...I started to convert the coupe into a four door. First I sanded off the vinyl pattern from the roof and scratch built a frame for a larger back lite opening...

23.jpg.5bfbc378083bd424a1a11f068f3741c5.jpg

...opened it, got rid of the door handles, engraved new door lines and installed new window posts:

Nice progress!

5 hours ago, KWT said:

Stepped on the body

Oh no! Not good! sounds like my kind of luck ?

I might be wrong but isn't the other Mustang a 24th scale? That's a great Movie though... The Chevelle that he takes would be a good one to build... Haven't seen part two though...

19 minutes ago, disconovaman said:

I might be wrong but isn't the other Mustang a 24th scale? That's a great Movie though... The Chevelle that he takes would be a good one to build... Haven't seen part two though...

The 1/24 scale is a 70 originally tooled my Monogram. The 2 I'm using are 1/25. The Mach is the one that had the jacked up front end "headlights too low"