Model Cars Magazine Forum

I need a 1/25th human skull...anybody?

I have a MCG photoetched grille (for a '34 Ford?) and it includes a resin skull.  Then there was a series of show rods which included skeletons. I'm having a senior moment remembering the name.  I'm sure someone will chime in.  I think one was a half-track show rod.  Then someone offered bunch of 1:25 skeletons for sale. Again, I don't recall the details.

20 minutes ago, peteski said:

I think one was a half-track show rod. 

Rommel's Rod

20 minutes ago, peteski said:

Then there was a series of show rods which included skeletons.

Two off the top of my head (so to speak):
Monogram Boot Hill Express
Monogram Lil Coffin

All 1/24 though, I believe.

Edited by DPNM

This company produces 3D printed skulls and a skeleton at 1/24 scale, bit pricey but the quality and detail is amazing. I bought them from a web-store here in Australia and they have some in stock.  https://www.bnamodelworld.com/model-figures-miscellaneous-maim-maim24054iqDmD7G.jpg

0yVfPs1.jpg

Comparison to Rommels Rod skull

7GL8JC7.jpg

gpf6RYy.jpg

This skeleton is mind blowing cant believe how fine the detail is, I already have broke a thumb of as it is very fragile.

UQKJAHU.jpg

AHTMk8j.jpg

Edited by Cool Hand

Back in 2005 I built the Revell 1937 Ford van as a hearse and called it To Die For'd. It was driven by a skeleton in a cloak (yes, the Grim Reaper but I would call him Manny)
I had a hard time finding a good source for a skeleton, I searched online and asked around on forums. I had no luck for a long time but finally struck out as I found some archeology toys in local toystores. There was atleast 3 different versions. One with a dinosaur, one with an alien (that was glowing in the dark) and one with a human skeleton. This figurne happened to be just the right size to fit inside the Ford.  I wish I could show you the pictures of it but I'm unable to log in to Photobucket.
It looks like there is many more options today however.