Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Dodge D100 Pickup Pro Street

8 hours ago, Russell C said:

The dimes you use for comparison keep getting bigger .... 😂

Ha! I was just on holiday last week and went for a sail on the “Bluenose 2” The Bluenose is on our Canadian dime. At the dock there is a dime that is about 7’ in diameter. Literally my first thought when I saw the dime was,    Francis……

Francis, when this build is complete, PLEASE!!!, take LOTS of photos. Lots…

Amazing work my friend, the finish line is near. Can’t wait to see what the next creation will be.

Cheers, Steve

9 hours ago, Steve H said:

Ha! I was just on holiday last week and went for a sail on the “Bluenose 2” The Bluenose is on our Canadian dime. At the dock there is a dime that is about 7’ in diameter. Literally my first thought when I saw the dime was,    Francis……

Francis, when this build is complete, PLEASE!!!, take LOTS of photos. Lots…

Amazing work my friend, the finish line is near. Can’t wait to see what the next creation will be.

Cheers, Steve

Thanks Steve !

When I started using a dime as a reference for size, I chose an American coin because I thought it would be more easily recognized (in size) than the Canadian version.  I hope I didn't shock my Canadian colleagues by making this choice, our little dime with the Bluenose on the front is also very nice.  Maybe it's time to place my subjects between the two versions? 🇺🇸🇨🇦

For the pictures, I will do my best but I am better behind the milling machine than the camera! 🙄

Francis

Hey Francis, I like the new door handles but I do have to see them on the truck only because I liked the originals too.  Anxious to see the final assembled pics......don't forget some outdoor pics too!!!   cheers, tim

Well Francis, after 66 pages, I find myself out of superlatives. It sure is great to see this thing in final assembly (and I'm sure you're glad of it yourself). It must be a bit tense bringing these fine sub-assemblies together and doing the final fit-up without damaging anything. Everything looks fantastic, and I'm eagerly awaiting the final reveal.

On 6/15/2022 at 4:01 PM, Codi said:

Hey Francis, I like the new door handles but I do have to see them on the truck only because I liked the originals too.  Anxious to see the final assembled pics......don't forget some outdoor pics too!!!   cheers, tim

Thanks Tim, actually they are now on the truck and I took pictures of the final build, I'll have to reduce the resolution of these before uploading them to the forum.  It's coming soon.

On 6/16/2022 at 3:51 AM, comp1839 said:

the new door handles are much more accurate looking.  Amazing work Francis!!!

Thanks Dave, precision is something you know very well. I know you've put your Camaro on hold, a good wine needs time to mature, a "grand cru" waiting to be tasted!

On 6/16/2022 at 3:43 PM, Bainford said:

Well Francis, after 66 pages, I find myself out of superlatives. It sure is great to see this thing in final assembly (and I'm sure you're glad of it yourself). It must be a bit tense bringing these fine sub-assemblies together and doing the final fit-up without damaging anything. Everything looks fantastic, and I'm eagerly awaiting the final reveal.

Thanks for your continuous support Trevor, it's coming soon to a forum near you! 😁

On 6/18/2022 at 10:23 AM, Ian McLaren said:

Loving the door handles!

Thanks Ian !  Usually I prefer not to do anything again but sometimes it's for a good cause.  You have to strike while the iron is hot, once the project is done, I won't look back and move on to the next topic to prove to myself that I can still do something else! 😉

Thank you all and happy Father's Day, Francis

3 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Thanks Tim, actually they are now on the truck and I took pictures of the final build, I'll have to reduce the resolution of these before uploading them to the forum.  It's coming soon.

Thanks Dave, precision is something you know very well. I know you've put your Camaro on hold, a good wine needs time to mature, a "grand cru" waiting to be tasted!

Thanks for your continuous support Trevor, it's coming soon to a forum near you! 😁

Thanks Ian !  Usually I prefer not to do anything again but sometimes it's for a good cause.  You have to strike while the iron is hot, once the project is done, I won't look back and move on to the next topic to prove to myself that I can still do something else! 😉

Thank you all and happy Father's Day, Francis

After working on a truck for this length of time, there may be a transition period  with another style of vehicle, but you can do it with the help of all your friends here!

On 6/19/2022 at 5:59 PM, Ian McLaren said:

After working on a truck for this length of time, there may be a transition period  with another style of vehicle, but you can do it with the help of all your friends here!

Thanks Ian!

In fact, it's just a matter of choice or having too many choices because there are so many subjects I'm passionate about.   I have the basic kits for at least a dozen possible subjects but I have to choose wisely because they stay on my workspace for a long time.   When you start integrating and making your own parts it becomes difficult to make less, it becomes like a vicious circle!

I go back to work tomorrow morning but I hope to upload the last pictures next weekend.

Francis

Hello Everyone!

Done, Terminé, Completado, Abgeschlossen !!!

It's over guys, after 4 years on my bench, I can now say that this adventure is over.  For all of you who have followed this build from the beginning, I cannot express how grateful and honoured I am to have received your feedback and support.  Since the beginning of this long project, I have met an incredible number of passionate people here, learned many new techniques and found an inexhaustible source of advice from all the talented modellers on this forum.  I can only wish long life to this forum and this wonderful hobby !
With this build, my first goal was to reproduce in styrene the body and the interior as close as possible to the original based on pictures and references found on the internet.  The mechanics and chassis components are pure fantasy and some technical aspects have been addressed and modified with the help of comments from friends more knowledgeable than me on the subject.
This unlikely truck is a mix of everything I love, that sixties body style, a big healthy engine, a flashy color and wide tires.
The real connoisseurs will probably find a lot of technical flaws, but it's just a hobby that allows me to satisfy my search for precision and to make my brain work during my too short moments of free time, obligations and responsibilities of life come first !
Now it's time to clean my bench and think about my next project.  It will be strange for me to not see this thing on my workspace anymore but it's high time to move on.
This is a good time to get it over with as summer is not my most productive season with all the maintenance work that the summer season brings, it will give me time to find motivation and choose the next subject as they are rather long on my workspace.

For those who are interested, I have created a thread in "Under Glass" (Model Trucks: Pickups, Vans, SUV’s, Light Commercial) where you will find the majority of the final photos.  Some of them are a little blurry, I'm obviously more comfortable behind the milling machine than with the camera, I'll try to take a few more outdoor pics when time permits.

Thanks, Francis

728_Final_UnderGlass_8.JPG.c583282efed69ad8715f407fec7358e7.JPG729_Final_UnderGlass_9.JPG.d06911c0ad3d99bef25cb151b65dde37.JPG731_Final_UnderGlass_11.JPG.a017ac122fb7f4c11c55c6a1a85277aa.JPG734_Final_UnderGlass_14.JPG.55082fb85e26221087f41e8dee3ed616.JPG737_Final_UnderGlass_17.JPG.b91dbecd6a258917d24e9198d9555b27.JPG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ian McLaren said:

CONGRATULATIONS FRANCIS!  This has been an epic project with the results being just jaw dropping.  Truly at testament to the art of model building!  Well done my friend!

Thanks Ian !

You have followed and encouraged me since my first days on the forum, your comments are very appreciated, I will continue to follow your good work, you are a talented modeler my friend! 👍

Francis

33 minutes ago, comp1839 said:

I'm afraid if this doesn't "energize" you, you're sleeping on the wrong side of the grass.  well done Francis!!!!!  totally amazing!!!!

Thanks Dave!

My energy level is pretty low today, but that's probably due to the high humidity and very warm temperature which is not usual on this side of the border!

Your comments are most appreciated my friend, I know how much you like details, your Pro Mod Camaro project is an undeniable example.

Francis

Congratulations Francis! 

I know you're likely experiencing mixed emotions right now after completing her.  Most certainly a deserved sense of accomplishment and a quiet pride of what you achieved.  This is a stunning build and I too learned things from you along the way.   Enjoy the moment and we look forward to your next project...........hoping you still have a Pro Stock in mind.

Cheers, Tim

21 hours ago, Codi said:

Congratulations Francis! 

I know you're likely experiencing mixed emotions right now after completing her.  Most certainly a deserved sense of accomplishment and a quiet pride of what you achieved.  This is a stunning build and I too learned things from you along the way.   Enjoy the moment and we look forward to your next project...........hoping you still have a Pro Stock in mind.

Cheers, Tim

Thank you so much Tim!  You have certainly been an amazing example for me to follow and I am also learning a lot from your current and past builds.

Now it's time to let this thread slowly fade into the forum archives and move on to another project.  I think you know we share a passion for Pro Stock cars and it's certainly something that is on the list of possible ideas for my next project.  Let's just say that an 8 cylinder engine should be part of the equation! 😉

Francis

20 hours ago, Nazz said:

Definitely a best seller Francis! It was definitely worth the wait! I dont know what else to say except, Well done!

Jerry

Thanks Jerry to be there for the last chapter !

As for the bestseller, I have no control over that, I did my best to entertain, but the visitors will decide that.   One thing is for sure, I had a lot of fun and challenge concocting this one !

Francis

Was at a friends over the weekend and enjoyed a couple of days of no internet or phone service. Get on line for the latest update.

Seen the latest update. Have to say I'm disappointed. I was 3xpecting to see the pictures of the finished model. Instead its the pictures of the real truck. Looking forward to pictures of the model.

All kidding aside. A stunning model. Great photography. The truck is truly a stunning masterpiece.

1 hour ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Was at a friends over the weekend and enjoyed a couple of days of no internet or phone service. Get on line for the latest update.

Seen the latest update. Have to say I'm disappointed. I was 3xpecting to see the pictures of the finished model. Instead its the pictures of the real truck. Looking forward to pictures of the model.

All kidding aside. A stunning model. Great photography. The truck is truly a stunning masterpiece.

Thank you Bob!

You have certainly been a great ambassador and I appreciate it.  There are more photos to see in the "Under Glass" thread but there is a limit to what I am able to bring out with the photos.  Beyond the project, I'm especially happy with all the contacts and friends I've made on the forum, everything makes sense here.  We can't please everyone but the beauty of the thing is that there is something for everyone and the admission fee is very affordable! 😊

I hope you will be on the trip for my next project... probably when the autumn leaves have all been raked off (certainly not a known activity in California 🤔).

Francis