Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Chevrolet Cameo Resto-Mod, Slammed, LS Swap

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 1:00 PM, Ben said:

Beautiful!! That’s some great work!!

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 1:03 PM, MeatMan said:

Oh so sweet!! Awesome build Scott!

Thank you guys!

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 3:51 PM, Can-Con said:

I like it a lot. The paint is beautiful. 

I didn't know Steve did those wheels, I got a very similar [same spokes] set form a die-cast '60 Ford Galaxie several years ago.

Thanks Steve. Yes he made these as well as some torque thrust wheels that I have from him. they are similar but the spokes on these are slightly different.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 1:48 AM, Modlbldr said:

That is such an amazing build for a kit that leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to fit. I just finished the same kit and, although I thought mine was a decent job, yours is outstanding! I love the color too. Smooth, shiny and gorgeous!

Later-

Thank you Tom.  This kit was indeed a nightmare on the fit and finish.  A lot had to be modified or tweaked where it would even fit half way decent. It was way more work than what I wanted to put into it, I guess I have been spoiled by Tamiya kits for too long.  This will probably be my last AMT kit, lol. 

12 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

I understand about the fit. I never understood how they got so far off on the fit of the glass in this kit. Here is mine, posted here not too long back.

Later-

IMG_20190815_120847514_HDR.jpg

Looks Great! I wish I would have slammed my rear end a little more.  How did you get yours lower? And you are right, the glass fit like dookie.  I had to do a lot of filing to make it fit even close.

2 hours ago, lghtngyello03 said:

Looks Great! I wish I would have slammed my rear end a little more.  How did you get yours lower? And you are right, the glass fit like dookie.  I had to do a lot of filing to make it fit even close.

I c- notched the frame. Not highly technical, nor high quality work, but effective.

Later-

IMG_20190815_121400876_HDR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 4:51 PM, Ctmodeler said:

Great build. Looks amazing but no offense man that stance ?

Thanks, this was first started over 2 years ago when I didn't have any customized stuff under my belt.  Too much had been done to go back and tear apart to repaint for a lower rear, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...