Model Cars Magazine Forum

What wagon is Round 2 alluding to? Which Station Wagon would you like to see a model kit of?

Coming to this posting late; the ‘63 Nova wagon craftsman kit was recently released so I assume that’s the new kit?

This one (Tempest wagon) would be #1 on my wish list but I don’t think it was ever tooled so probably never going to happen...(maybe do a resin one with Nova and Catalina parts?)

C01BBA71-E9BF-474E-AEFF-282E5D715053.png.65cb43b7215645ce7204ce634e3c6d47.png

The ‘62 Buick wagon would be a nice one to see re-popped.

So glad Round 2 is still out there doing any of these old kits for us old guys 😁👴🏻

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 11:17 AM, Casey said:

67ImpWagon.jpg.7bc8de7862bcf471154d43cd64d11458.jpg

I still think this would make a great choice. Just about everyone had their fill of the Supernatural kit by now, so here's hoping Round2 will modify the mold into something a few of use can enjoy. 🥰

56 minutes ago, Casey said:

I still think this would make a great choice. Just about everyone had their fill of the Supernatural kit by now, so here's hoping Round2 will modify the mold into something a few of use can enjoy. 🥰

No need to modify the tooling, just tool up a new body and the parts that go with it.

Once you have the 3D design, the tool is just a vehicle, which makes Round-2 (or any other company for that matter) less vulnerable to China's woes.

I do hope that during this pandemic when the money came in by the truckloads, the toy and hobby industry wisely invested all that money in new technology, so that in the long run the R&D is less expensive and the tooling can be made by whoever is the cheapest.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by Luc Janssens

Although I'd love to see a kit for the 1967 Impala or Caprice wagon, at least 50% of the tooling would have to be new.  In addition to the body, it would require new Interior with seats, glass insert, and chassis/floor pan with the spare tire well instead of a gas tank.  The front seat would have to be replaced because the Supernatural sedan does not have a stock seat.  I had a black and woodgrain 1967 Caprice wagon long a go with big block, full dress with most of the toys - neat car.  I would love to have a kit.