Model Cars Magazine Forum

What wagon is Round 2 alluding to? Which Station Wagon would you like to see a model kit of?

On 2/16/2020 at 5:55 AM, Luc Janssens said:

Since they're already tinkering with the '67 Chevy Impala tool, I'm guessing that will be the wagon kit

16 minutes ago, alexis said:

I hope Luc is correct.

FTFY. I couldn't comb through any additional pages of fantasy wishes, so I stopped at page four, missing Luc's post entirely...but I also hope he's correct. ??

I'm hoping, but not holding my breath for a 1967 Caprice wagon - It looks like the Supernatural kit is set up for that as a next step.

I had a Caprice wagon (and a parts car) long ago - black, gold inside, wood grain, mag wheel covers, big block, automatic, air, 6 way seat, power windows, roof rack, and tach dash.  Started with a $400 car and put my overtime checks in it on a mechanical and cosmetic restoration.  That thing was hard to find parts for and dealing with the anodized trim around the woodgrains was... interesting. I think Round 2 could put the trim for the woodgrain on the decal sheet with the woodgrain then it could be a Caprice or an Impala. The impala wagons that I saw had the same interior.

9 hours ago, Casey said:

After watching the video/live stream in question last night, I got the feeling the wagon would be an all-, or at least mostly, new tool, and not Round2 bringing back a '60s era kit. So, with that in mind, and Robert's words above, combined with Bill's post here...:

...a 1967 Impala wagon would make some sense. The wheelbases for all 1967 Impalas are the same, and Round2 just re-tooled some parts for the Supernatural release, specifically including separate rear bumper guard...hmmm:

67-CIW-4.jpg.13007ccc57f13d7b1d2f1160d0f82cf1.jpg

Yes, tail light housings are different, but the design work is all done for the bench seat, column shifter, door panels/cards, hood, grille, and a few others. Not an easy, slam dunk creation by any means, but its's a Chevy, the chassis and engine can carry over unchanged, and it's a gorgeous bodystyle in wagon form, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

67ImpWagon.jpg.7bc8de7862bcf471154d43cd64d11458.jpg

67impwag.jpg.d3e86fbd8cfea443ac9c6f7045ec378f.jpg

I may be wrong but I don’t think they will make a new tool. Maybe repair an old one...

27 minutes ago, slusher said:

So could it be a Vega wagon?

Yes, and it could even be used on the same Pro Stock chassis as the hatchback:

af120c0a4c417c062989d082c899aae6.jpg

ProStockChevyVegaWagon.jpg

dhNorwinPalmer.jpg

Or maybe they are going this direction? I don' recall Jamie stating it was a factory stock wagon:

jungle-jim-chevrolet-vega-wagon-pro-stoc

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yes, and it could even be used on the same Pro Stock chassis as the hatchback:

af120c0a4c417c062989d082c899aae6.jpg

ProStockChevyVegaWagon.jpg

dhNorwinPalmer.jpg

Or maybe they are going this direction? I don' recall Jamie stating it was a factory stock wagon:

jungle-jim-chevrolet-vega-wagon-pro-stoc

I would like that...

I always loved the way Pro Stock Vegas would be doing a wheel stand with the front wheels up yet the rocker panels were sitting dead level!

Completely off topic, I know,  but I had to say it - did that float anyone else's boat?

So back on topic, put me down for a 67 Impala wagon.  What a boat - the perfect cross country drag team tow car.  Yum yum yum!

Cheers

Alan

On 2/16/2020 at 3:58 PM, ChrisBcritter said:

As I've mentioned, per JohnG at Round2, the '63 Nova wagon's interior and chassis molds are lost :(.

Seems like nobody responded about the wagon on the Round2 site's latest post, so I just now did - it's awaiting moderation.

http://www.collectormodel.com/round2-models/4899-round-2-models-live-2020-model-kit-preview/?unapproved=222097&moderation-hash=10bc5caf955e47b37ba142da9ff099ef#comment-222097

Forgot about that post - got an answer two days later:

JamieH says:

I don’t want to show my hat right now. ?

Hey, I had an original idea (I don't think it's been mentioned before in this thread, anyway). 

Wouldn't it be fairly easy to tool up a '57 Nomad from AMT's "new" '57 Chevy? I'll take two, please! 

10 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Hey, I had an original idea (I don't think it's been mentioned before in this thread, anyway). 

Wouldn't it be fairly easy to tool up a '57 Nomad from AMT's "new" '57 Chevy? I'll take two, please! 

I'm with you. Revell would be a logical choice as well.

On 5/21/2020 at 8:46 PM, alexis said:

Sign me up for a Case of Family Trucksters!  Yes, please mold it in "Metallic Pea" and a don't mind a Curbside, Snapkit.

(apologies to Tim Boyd)

Make it a 2-in-1 (stock Country Squire/Family Truckster) and we'll talk.