Model Cars Magazine Forum

What wagon is Round 2 alluding to? Which Station Wagon would you like to see a model kit of?

55 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

Or just another reissue w/ Coca-Cola decals.  I'm not expecting anything actually new...

If it’s not a new wagon, I hope it’s something we haven’t seen in a long time like the 66 Nova wagon in the race set artwork...

46 minutes ago, slusher said:

If it’s not a new wagon, I hope it’s something we haven’t seen in a long time like the 66 Nova wagon in the race set artwork...

Well, that would be new. There never was a '66 Nova wagon kit.  There was a '63, but it got butchered into a funny car.

Edited by Rob Hall

The '59 El Camino would only need a body cast as a 2 door wagon or even a 4 door wagon. The Tail Gate is already there. Just add a roof and a couple of different interior panels. The chassis, while somewhat plain by todays standards, already has the correct Fuel Tank  and other basic features.   

With the announcement / release of the Impala I'm going to go out on a limb and say it is the Griswold Family Truckster. Maybe the recent Ford cop car reissue, use that chassis?  Davenport!!! Think you hate it now wait to you build it. I do not think a vista cruiser will happen. crushed. 

griswold-family-truckster-screencap.jpg

IMG_1365.JPG

70-olds-vista-cruiser-clark-griswold-crushed.jpg

Edited by wrenchr

Any full size wagon between 1949 and 1978 is welcome. Especially 1959 Dodge, 1958 Ford, Edsel, Mercury..... 1960 Ford.... 1965-1970 Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick, and Chevy of course.... and although not full size, mid-seventies Malibu, Cutlass, Century, and LeMans Safari.