Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 49 Mercury

cartpix

Second for the year. It fought me tooth & nail but I'm calling it done. It's built out of the box. The color is Testors Mythical Maroon. It's not my best work but it's not my worst.

merc03.jpg.635997c9662fe6c4ecafd3c49b4cfd03.jpg  

Here's a pic of the interior & engine since you can't see them very well, once it's together.

merc04.jpg.d7ab2d9a95e37fa7fa1d1435691a5e16.jpg

merc05.jpg.00b8fc6e6d6ed8a1f551d94d9af1428d.jpg

merc06.jpg.886bbb1a995807e431b03ebea9bce7f6.jpg

merc07.jpg.9a5ad1339d3ac172aa7243a89f0ea4f0.jpg

2 hours ago, Chuckyg1 said:

Nice & clean, love it. Is it O.O.B? I was thinking of using this color on an upcoming project, seeing it on your Merc has convinced me.

It is out of the box, except for the outside rear view mirror. It shot out of the tweezers, last night. I looked all over for it but it was gone. I started a new project, today, & found it, right in the middle of my work bench. It was NOT there, last night!!!!

It is a nice color. It's very warm, even over grey primer. Watch your coats, too thick & it does bad things. I had to reshoot the hood & still got some wrinkles. I like Tamiya lacquers better.

Very nice work! It looks great! I did a 40 Ford Sedan as a two tone using that color. It looks amazing with a cream color accent.

I like Tamiya much better too, but I just bought a can last night. $9.26!!!! Last can I'll buy unless I have to. 

It may have fought you, but it looks like you overcame it.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr