Model Cars Magazine Forum

11 minutes ago, espo said:

They're also listing the paper products that they don't have in stock, another good idea. 

My Walmart has apparently just given up on toilet paper. Yesterday they were repurposing the entire TP aisle and filling the shelf with giant Easter baskets. 

Is it wrong that I wondered for a minute if I could actually wipe my butt with an Easter basket? :lol:

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

I saw this morning that Vermont has decreed that "big box" stores rope off areas with "non-essential" goods and won't let you buy them. 

DA HELL? :blink:

First, if you're already there, what difference does it make WHAT you're buying??? 

Second, ANYTHING can be "essential" to somebody who NEEDS it. :angry:

If our Costco is any example (and I'm sure it is) they have plastic wrapped all the clothing items-no try ons-and removed all the benches in the food court.  It isn't really essential that I buy another shirt or a pair of denim pants.  I did get a hot dog there yesterday with the condiments in little plastic cups.  Adult beverages were still available so I'm figuring that they are essential. ?

Edited by The Junkman

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I saw this morning that Vermont has decreed that "big box" stores rope off areas with "non-essential" goods and won't let you buy them. 

DA HELL? :blink:

First, if you're already there, what difference does it make WHAT you're buying??? 

Second, ANYTHING can be "essential" to somebody who NEEDS it. Actually 

Actually makes sense. The stores can reduce the number of employess.

1 hour ago, The Junkman said:

If our Costco is any example (and I'm sure it is) they have plastic wrapped all the clothing items-no try ons

Okay, I'll concede that makes sense. Point taken. 

40 minutes ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

Actually makes sense. The stores can reduce the number of employess.

Really? I almost never see anyone in the hardware or auto accessories or crafts or office/school supplies, etc., sections of my local Walmart. 

All Hobby Lobbys nationwide were closed at 8pm tonight.  Ohio and one other state had sent them official Cease & Desist letters from the Attorney General's Offices after they initially closed - and then after the CEO's Wife claimed God visited her (not making it about religion - that's just a factual news item) they decided to try to re-open the stores in defiance of the various state mandates.  So today they furloughed all the retail employees and most of the O.K. Distribution ones without pay and told everyone to go file unemployment.

Your paint and glue are going to have to come mail order at this point.  

Edited by niteowl7710

On 3/27/2020 at 5:24 AM, stitchdup said:

Why not? what if you have an accident and need assistance? thats taking at least 2 cops, a paramedic crew out of circulation while they deal with an accident that could easily have been avoided if you had stayed home. Suppose one of those people dealing with you had the virus but didn''t realise? thats everyone thats dealing with your accident now exposed needlessly along with your mother. If the guidance that everyone that gets it passes it on to 3 people is right that a minimum of 6 people passing it onto 18 others, those 18 then pass it on to 54 people and they pass it on to 162 people. I'll let you do the maths from here but going out for a drive is not the thing to do.  I know everything feels weird but it shouldn't feel normal, we're living in a strange time so everyone has to do their part to protect other people too.

The same could happen while getting groceries and supplies needed to live so what is your point? With so little traffic here, an accident is unlikely. It's not good to be couped up in a house for days. I just took a drive to let my wife out of the home because she doesn't work and all she is is home. Good for my sanity as well. We drive carefully to avoid such things. We are allowed to do so here in the US. I had a full tank and no place to go so we just went into the country and enjoyed ourselves. Might be different in Scotland, but in the USA, we can do this.

3 hours ago, lordairgtar said:

The same could happen while getting groceries and supplies needed to live so what is your point? With so little traffic here, an accident is unlikely. It's not good to be couped up in a house for days. I just took a drive to let my wife out of the home because she doesn't work and all she is is home. Good for my sanity as well. We drive carefully to avoid such things. We are allowed to do so here in the US. I had a full tank and no place to go so we just went into the country and enjoyed ourselves. Might be different in Scotland, but in the USA, we can do this.

Its very different here, we are supposed to excercise close to home and can only do so for an hour a day. If we were to drive somewhere for a reason that isn't work, essential food or medical reasons we can be fined for it. The police are enforcing it but as you say differnet countries have different methods so who knows who has it right

• 2 weeks later...

I love the MEME in the 1st post. Four years ago, we retired & moved into a new house. I had never gotten my hobby room, up & running, & it had become the catch all room. The first of the year, I cleaned & organised, for a couple weeks. At the end of January, I joined Tom Greiger & a bunch of his cronies, for the 24 hours of Daytona build. It was my 1st finished build in 2 1/2 years. I finished a 2nd, before COVID & finished one a couple weeks ago. I have 3 going, right now. Of course, being retired, I can continue after the plague is over.

Jeff

Update from Arizona.  We are free to a point, of being able to go out.  I am still working, always have from home office, so no difference, and clients aren't letting Fake News scare them out of building.  The big difference is getting something like a thumb drive, showing up at Best Buy and seeing the door barricaded, one employee masked and gloved, to drop-off products to people who ordered online.  Office Max was open, but all employees were suited up.

I just want to go for a long drive.
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/cannonball-run-record-empty-highways-coronavirus?fbclid=IwAR1OAyTgkFY5OpQQWMnwS3Kwtf4nIhJeo-pGhv4O9kkyfam_Nrz7kiq71Is

1 hour ago, 89AKurt said:

The big difference is getting something like a thumb drive, showing up at Best Buy and seeing the door barricaded, one employee masked and gloved, to drop-off products to people who ordered online.  Office Max was open, but all employees were suited up.

image.png.9c0efc05224e2d9c31091b9c2d54fa33.png

Eastern Pennsylvania -  We are near the epicenter of NY / NJ that have been hard hit.  Right now in our county we have 658 cases and 25 deaths. So cases are only .001% of our population.  Still, we are on lock down.  I've only been out the past few weeks for groceries and beer.  Pennsylvania reports the testing and the good news is that less than 24% of tests are positive.  

Here is our beer store. They have two doors, and have both blocked as service windows. The door on the right is where the clerk is behind plexiglass and you can only pay with a credit or debit card. They are not handling cash.  The card reader is on our side of the glass and clerk tells you to sign the screen with the corner of your card.

Window two is where your beer is delivered. Clerk is inside and your beer comes down a roller ramp.  No contact. 

We are getting mail every two days.  Our local post office is closed. One of the window clerks died from Coronavirus.  

Grocery store was out of ribs and fresh wings and I wanted to grill something just to cheer us up.  They had fresh legs, so I bought the big pack and we had Buffalo Chicken Legs.   Actually better than wings because there's more meat on a leg!  

Edited by Tom Geiger