Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lighter Side of Corona

unclescott58

3 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Works well. Loses some texture during transmission though.

You're printing it on regular printing paper is the problem. Try printing it on toilet paper and it'll work fine. In fact, you won't be able to tell the difference. :lol:

On 4/11/2020 at 10:08 AM, stitchdup said:

Happy easter folks

Okay, this has been up for over 24 hours now. My posting of the Last Supper picture, where the police are telling Jesus and his disciples they had break it up because they had too many people at their gathering, was taken down in less than 6. How is the above not just as offensive in the same vein? 

3 minutes ago, unclescott58 said:

Okay, this has been up for over 24 hours now. My posting of the Last Supper picture, where the police are telling Jesus and his disciples they had break it up because they had too many people at their gathering, was taken down in less than 6. How is the above not just as offensive in the same vein? 

I didn't see the one you posted. I'd think that this one, and the one with the Chinese food, are just a little too close to the edge. I don't want to lose this wonderful thread because it devolved into partisan bickering. :unsure:

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

I didn't see the one you posted. I'd think that this one, and the one with the Chinese food, are just a little too close to the edge. I don't want to lose this wonderful thread because it devolved into partisan bickering. :unsure:

Thank you. I agree. When I was told directly they were taking down my Last Supper because of complaints, I was okay with it. I had a hard time seeing how one could be offended by what I put up. But, if that was the case. I was okay with them taking it down. Then the one of Jesus rising from dead comes up, and it stays? No one complained about that? It's really doesn't offend me in general. But, I think it would be seen as more crass with some of a certain persuasion, than my posting was. I just don't get it? That's all. But, then again there are a lot of things I've never got. And probably never will. 

Edited by unclescott58

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

the one with the Chinese food, are just a little too close to the edge.

I posted that and I have to agree with too close to the edge.  I'll attempt to take it down by edit.

21 minutes ago, Flat32 said:

I posted that and I have to agree with too close to the edge.  I'll attempt to take it down by edit.

Thanks. 

Believe me, I see a LOT of great ones that have no business here. I laugh at them where they are, though. B)

10 hours ago, stitchdup said:

I didn't intend to offend anyone, I just thought it was a funny pic related to the thread. If i had known it wasn't allowed i wouldn't have posted it

Being offended has pretty well become a national pass time here, a cheap hobby folks can take anywhere, and use to impose their will (and utter and complete lack of a sense of humor) on anyone and everyone. 

From what I understand though, it's not too much different most places now.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

15 hours ago, Snake45 said:

...Believe me, I see a LOT of great ones that have no business here. I laugh at them where they are, though. B)

Saw this posted elsewhere, pretty sure nobody can find it to be offensive (though you never know): 

The pandemic has done Americans a great service. Millions of them now understand a cup of coffee doesn't cost four bucks.

And this one:

Whiner: If we had some bacon, we could have bacon and eggs. If we had some eggs.

Answer: How 'bout hand-sanitizer-on-toilet-paper sandwiches? Betcha have plenty of those.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I enjoy a little funny now and again. The Carol Burnette  skit still ahs me laughing. To many relatable people in the family I guess. I think the real reason is we are all getting a case of Cabin Fever. I just went to the market today just to get out of the house.  

6 hours ago, espo said:

I enjoy a little funny now and again. The Carol Burnette  skit still ahs me laughing. To many relatable people in the family I guess. I think the real reason is we are all getting a case of Cabin Fever. I just went to the market today just to get out of the house.  

Are you talking about the Tim Conway elephants out take?  Never made the air, but I do so love that one.  Anything that can have the whole cast on the floor, "Now thats funny, I don't care who you are!"

11 hours ago, Pete J. said:

Are you talking about the Tim Conway elephants out take?  Never made the air, but I do so love that one.  Anything that can have the whole cast on the floor, "Now thats funny, I don't care who you are!"

I don't recall the Elephants out take but I'm sure it's funny as anything that Tim Conway was in always was. If he was playing of Corman all the better. Have you ever seen the two of them on the commercial air liner together ? Done as only those two could. This particular Hospital Bed seen just reminds me of mostly my wife's mother and one of her sisters. The best was when Smothers gives the "mother" a big lippy and she never breaks character, and later she's pushing his hair peace back on the top of his head.  

2 hours ago, espo said:

I don't recall the Elephants out take but I'm sure it's funny as anything that Tim Conway was in always was. If he was playing of Corman all the better. Have you ever seen the two of them on the commercial air liner together ? Done as only those two could. This particular Hospital Bed seen just reminds me of mostly my wife's mother and one of her sisters. The best was when Smothers gives the "mother" a big lippy and she never breaks character, and later she's pushing his hair peace back on the top of his head.  

4 hours ago, Pete J. said:

Is that Dick Van Dyke falling off the end of the couch ??  Thanks, I had ever seen this one. Besides the use of the words this were true comedians that knew how to use what used to be called the "Sight Gag". Carol always seemed to have the top Hollywood talent of the day. They would have a loose script and were encouraged to improvise if they wanted. She would have actors on the show and you would think of them based on parts they had played or what ever their persona was in your mind. Then in the middle of a skit they would say something so out of caricature everyone would lose it.      

What I find funny is that the dialog (the story) itself is not really all that funny, but the audience is so riled up and chuckling that the laughter infects the actors too.

Think about it:  remove the audience  laughing, and just have Tim reciting the story by himself.  I wouldn't find it particularity giggle-inducing.

Edited by peteski

2 hours ago, espo said:

Is that Dick Van Dyke falling off the end of the couch ??  Thanks, I had ever seen this one. Besides the use of the words this were true comedians that knew how to use what used to be called the "Sight Gag". Carol always seemed to have the top Hollywood talent of the day. They would have a loose script and were encouraged to improvise if they wanted. She would have actors on the show and you would think of them based on parts they had played or what ever their persona was in your mind. Then in the middle of a skit they would say something so out of caricature everyone would lose it.      

Beside the total insanity of this segment, I think it shows just how potent timing is to any comedian.  Tim had absolutely the best timing in this I have ever seen.  Let them almost recover from their laugh and hit them with another one.  Eventually they all wind up on the floor!

41 minutes ago, peteski said:

What I find funny is that the dialog (the story) itself is not really all that funny, but the audience is so riled up and chuckling that the laughter infects the actors too.

Think about it:  remove the audience  laughing, and just have Tim reciting the story by himself.  I wouldn't find it particularity giggle-inducing.

Kinda reminded me of one of the old "Debbie Downer" bits on SNL...or the classic "More Cowbell." Half the fun of that one was watching Jimmy Fallon and Horatio Sanz try to hold it together during Will Ferrell's big speech...and not quite manage to. :lol:

5 hours ago, peteski said:

Yes, a large part of the bit is the priceless reactions of three other actors trying to hold it together and shoot the scene as scripted and ultimately failing miserably.  Also the total deadpan last line just tears it up.  Actors could study this thing for years and not be able to recreate it.  

55 minutes ago, Pete J. said:

Yes, a large part of the bit is the priceless reactions of three other actors trying to hold it together and shoot the scene as scripted and ultimately failing miserably.  Also the total deadpan last line just tears it up.  Actors could study this thing for years and not be able to recreate it.  

You just had to be there. :)