Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis Models has bought another lot of tooling/molds.....

On 10/23/2020 at 9:04 PM, niteowl7710 said:

Repeated gating and ungating the tooling, especially on something thaylt's so old already, to release the Parts Packs in different ways is way more expensive and labor intensive than running the tooling wide open and then clipping the "offending" parts off and throwing them into the recycling hopper to be ground into more styrene.  

NOooooooooooooooo

• 5 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Casey said:

You've been hinting at that one for awhile. ? Glad to see it's finally happening.

Was I THAT obvious?!?!?!?! Yes...I was!!!  I thought that the kit was issued once, no vinyl tires.....and if need be issue it w/o chromed, easy reissue. But the GREAT chrome in the Chopper I am sure UNREAL will get it too! thx

1 hour ago, PintoKING said:

What are kits #26-27-28?

26 is the Wright Cyclone Radial kit #M2401, 27 is Boeing 707 Kit#H246, 28 is Conviar 990 Airliner kit # H254.  I mistakenly cropped the pages too close, but didn't think too much of as those kits are outside the scope of the forum!

Well, well - wonder if the '56 Buick's grille will be put back to stock? I wish them luck engineering glass for that one and the Eldo; roof fit on the Buick isn't an exact science...

I'm happy to see they're selling the new glass for the White fuel tanker as a separate item, although they won't be doing it for the Chevy stake truck.

I see that there are 5 Ex-Lindberg kits in the mix. 

1. Curtiss Jenny 1/48

2. Civil War Monitor/Merrimack

3. Amoeba Kit.

4. SSN 571 Nautilus Nuke Sub

5. WW2 Gato Class sub. (which If I remember correctly, is the oldest Plastic Kit in the USA. Tim Boyd did an article on it in FSM, several years ago. Unbelievable, that tooling that originated in the 1940's, is being issued 20 years into the 21st century) 

11 hours ago, RSchnell said:

26 is the Wright Cyclone Radial kit #M2401, 27 is Boeing 707 Kit#H246, 28 is Conviar 990 Airliner kit # H254.  I mistakenly cropped the pages too close, but didn't think too much of as those kits are outside the scope of the forum!

Besides the Eldorado, those two airliners are of the most interest to me on that list.

The 990 was one of the fastest liners ever made. Near supersonic. Only liners faster were the Concord and it's Russian cousin.

Although it's mostly a car forum, most of us build other subjects from time to time as well.