Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Speculating

If history is any indication,I would think at some point Moebius might release a Mercury Comet with an altered wheelbase and maybe fuel Injection? That has been the progression with the Plymouths-stock, either Super Stock or A/FX, then altered wheelbase. What are the chances? 

22 hours ago, Mark said:

There weren't as many AWB Cyclones as there were Mopars.  We'll likely see the FX version with the 289 engine, but I wouldn't bet on any other versions.

The only one I can think off offhand was Nicholson's. And his was a rogue effort, done without the factory's blessing or input, unlike the Chryslers, which had the AWB Plymouths and Dodges built to order and issued them out. 

The (excellent) Ramchargers book includes a partial reproduction of the "manual" used by the ambulance company that built the "factory" AWB Mopars.  A lot of the privateer cars were built to the same specs.  I'd like to see Moebius do a companion AWB Dodge, but I'm not holding my breath.  I've got one in the works based on a Polar Lights Coronet, and have some MPC parts stashed, so I guess I won't be disappointed.

On 8/1/2020 at 4:19 PM, Khils said:

I would agree with you whole heartedly if we were talking Moebius......without Pegasus.

I agree 100% with the comment above. Since the Pegasus take over of Moebius, I don't see much new in the way of car kits coming from them. Where's the early to mid '60s Chevy IIs they were talking about before the merger? 

1 hour ago, unclescott58 said:

I agree 100% with the comment above. Since the Pegasus take over of Moebius, I don't see much new in the way of car kits coming from them. Where's the early to mid '60s Chevy IIs they were talking about before the merger? 

The Pandemic, maybe? 

Considering that they where coming from China, that would pretty much slow them down, as we saw with other kits.

On 8/1/2020 at 5:39 PM, Mark said:

There weren't as many AWB Cyclones as there were Mopars.  We'll likely see the FX version with the 289 engine, but I wouldn't bet on any other versions.

Mark is correct.  The work has been done on this B/FX project and the results are equally impressive to the A/FX kit, in my opinion - e.g. no corners cut in authenticity.  There will be more details on this subject in a new book that will soon be available....TIM 

18 minutes ago, Greg Myers said:

I'd just like to see them get this one done and on the shelves.

DSC_0928-vi.jpg

DSC_0939-vi.jpg

DSC_0940-vi.jpg

Would you like me to make it happen? I can, you know. 

I'm planning to build pretty much the same thing by kitbashing a Rat Packer and a bunch of other stuff. If I get it about 90% done, the kit will be announced. Wouldn't be the first time. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Would you like me to make it happen? I can, you know. 

I'm planning to build pretty much the same thing by kitbashing a Rat Packer and a bunch of other stuff. If I get it about 90% done, the kit will be announced. Wouldn't be the first time. :lol:

Yes, i've done that twice. First one was the Corvette Grandsport, thank you Accurate Miniatures. Next was the Ford  427 Thunderbolt. thanks Revell

Greg Myers, Please finish your Rat Packer Nova. I also started one. I wanted a stock wheelbase, so I moved the rear wheel arches back to stock location. I used a '66 Nova for reference. I needed a second Rat Packer kit to fill the void behind the doors. ( I used the doors for that). I used the '66 kit for the interior & chassis  too. Another stalled project !

On 8/3/2020 at 11:16 AM, iBorg said:

Tim-tell us about the book. You've mentioned it more than once.

Full story will be forthcoming in just a few weeks, when the book becomes available for sale....thanks in advance for your interest!   TIM