Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Recommended Posts

Hi Bruce! I jut saw your thread and went through the whole thing. Very impressive! The build looks great, and I'm going to follow to the end now. I hope I get to see it some day.

-Art

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!! That build is soooo cooool. My sanity is so very happy I cant afford to buy a MFH kit.  Though I do have a Gunze Sangyo 1/24 jaguar XK-E Hi-Tech kit I got many moons ago but am apprehensive to start.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Chris Smith said:

Bruce.... You have my # 😁 the therapist is very secretive. But if you really need it, give me a ring. You will need this person when the 917-30 gets really going.

As for the Cobra, it is coming out fantastic!! I do admire your ability and hope to get to see this in person soon. Keep it in my friend.

Thank you Chris, this is so simple compared to the Porsche . Your build is comming out great! Love your braided lines! Kind of stuck on the wiring harness. Mark has brought over some wire to help. Going to try to lay it out on paper first for a pattern. Hope it works out. 

4A0CB874-E7ED-4B0E-B8E3-395A3B04D4EF.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Art Laski said:

Hi Bruce! I jut saw your thread and went through the whole thing. Very impressive! The build looks great, and I'm going to follow to the end now. I hope I get to see it some day.

-Art

Hello Art! Great to hear from you! Hope you and your family are safe. Thank you for the comments. These mfh kits are a little tough sometimes. The build is not your caliber but I’m trying as best as my blood pressure will allow. Hope to see you soon. Maybe shows will open again. Thanks Art and be safe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NZanglia said:

Wow!! That build is soooo cooool. My sanity is so very happy I cant afford to buy a MFH kit.  Though I do have a Gunze Sangyo 1/24 jaguar XK-E Hi-Tech kit I got many moons ago but am apprehensive to start.

 

NZangila , thank you for the comments. Yes they are expensive. I probably will not be doing too many more. I’ll be retired and on a fixed income soon. I do have one more, a Porsche 917/30. That will be next. I will need anxiety medicine for that one. Stay healthy, and thanks again 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wired the firewall the best I could. Will give the engine compartment a little more pop. I’m late to do a certification class. 

92B1820A-1A1E-4516-AE9C-F4ADDA65CF84.jpeg

3DC99524-7DCE-4B72-A579-EE3EDCD1F4C4.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

The front tubes are installed. Wiring installed. Dash board next. This is a very rewarding build. Ray you need to do this! It’s very complex but when you sit back and look at it, makes you feel like your part of Shelby American 

D1A33DD8-5586-448F-951D-6C94BF3F83FA.jpeg

3E651560-F8B6-4ED8-8B36-EE99B916D996.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to put the gauges together. You had to put the photoetch needle in the gauge. It was decal, needle then glass. The gauge bezels are machined  aluminum. The steering wheel is next. Have to paint the wood part of the wheel. The pe steering wheel part you have to bend for a dish. The nine rivets are going to be fun. There is 17 parts for the steering wheel. Anyway I hope it turns out. 

692B3F10-6621-4D46-B42D-7F72169ADD7D.jpeg

CDC0F34C-77EA-43CF-8CB8-F4A4B6401EA6.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I see this Bruce, the more I'm really tempted to get this MFH kit anyway simply because it's sooooo good! PE needle for the gauge huh?? Nice!

Interesting enough, you working on the gauges is right where I'll be focusing on in the next pack that Agora just sent for my Cobra. I notice that MFH included the tubular bracing around the engine bay on yours. As far as I know, I don't think mine has that, but I'm just halfway done with it. 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

The more I see this Bruce, the more I'm really tempted to get this MFH kit anyway simply because it's sooooo good! PE needle for the gauge huh?? Nice!

Interesting enough, you working on the gauges is right where I'll be focusing on in the next pack that Agora just sent for my Cobra. I notice that MFH included the tubular bracing around the engine bay on yours. As far as I know, I don't think mine has that, but I'm just halfway done with it. 🤔

Hello Bill!!! Happy Easter! You need to get the mfh kit. It’s a handful but so rewarding when you do it. Is a lot easier than my Ferrari P4. The mfh Porsche 917/30 is going to really be a handful for me. The wheels alone on that kit was insane. Your Agora cobra is looking great! 

03FB5B71-A839-43C0-A09B-69B840736092.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruce! This is so cool. I am glad you are able to take some time to work on this. I had the same joy on the gauge cluster except the photo etched needles😲 the nice part I think is the aluminum bezels.

the wiring is fantastic, well worth the effort. 
keep it up!!

Edited by Chris Smith
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris Smith said:

Bruce! This is so cool. I am glad you are able to take some time to work on this. I had the same joy on the gauge cluster except the photo etched needles😲 the nice part I think is the aluminum bezels.

the wiring is fantastic, well worth the effort. 
keep it up!!

Thank you Chris. Dashboard and steering wheel installed. I’m not very happy with the wheel but it’s ok. Getting down the main straightaway. Going to add the shields and stuff to the body, then rebuff and wax the body. Side pipes, seats and a few other things. This still will take a few weeks. Getting close11CBA6A8-E154-47CB-97CF-28B00C12E17D.thumb.jpeg.85265b6ad1d1050800ba0f65935a19e0.jpeg

5570B014-4C69-4C41-AEE9-10E1BA6DB762.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2021 at 9:35 AM, Art Laski said:

Hi Bruce! I jut saw your thread and went through the whole thing. Very impressive! The build looks great, and I'm going to follow to the end now. I hope I get to see it some day.

-Art

Hello Art, Happy Easter! Can you send me your business email address? I need some things. Have not shopped for anything since the pandemic. Thank you.   Bruce

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...