Model Cars Magazine Forum

75 Buick Century Indy 500 Pace Car

DoctorLarry

Interior looks nice. I always liked either the blue or red with white seats interior combination Buick offered in the mid-70's. Pontiac also offered that combination in those years. 

Also forgot to mention the TS-54 on the carpets sets a nice contrast to the door panels. I'll have to remember that one as I like to use Tamiya paints. 

Edited by AMT68

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You have done amazing work so far.  I would respectfully suggest some block sanding to make the T-Top panels more flush with the body.  They look a little tall in the saddle.  But do remember, your Century Indy Pace Car is worlds better than the one I will never even start.

38 minutes ago, RomanII said:

You have done amazing work so far.  I would respectfully suggest some block sanding to make the T-Top panels more flush with the body.  They look a little tall in the saddle.  But do remember, your Century Indy Pace Car is worlds better than the one I will never even start.

Some of those details need to be 'exaggerated' on the master so that they become 'normal' during the casting process . In essence , those T-Top would be faint on the casting if they were 'normal' on the master .

17 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Some of those details need to be 'exaggerated' on the master so that they become 'normal' during the casting process . In essence , those T-Top would be faint on the casting if they were 'normal' on the master .

No.

They do stick up a little. I will try to smooth them down. The moldings also are not squared off but beveled. I had a T Top car so I remember what they were like. Building a body from scratch, like I do, is like sculpture combined with trial and error. It takes awhile to get right.

• 1 month later...