Model Cars Magazine Forum

"New" AMT '60 Ford Starliner

Brett Barrow

• 1 year later...

Interesting that they are reissuing this again..Round 2 released it in retro box art back in '08-10 or so, IIRC...

Yes, we are literally witnessing round two now, with the '60 Starliner, '49 Ford Coupe, and '70 Super Bee all being reissued a second time by Round2. I hope that's a fluke, and not a sign of things to come. -_-

Yes, we are literally witnessing round two now, with the '60 Starliner, '49 Ford Coupe, and '70 Super Bee all being reissued a second time by Round2. I hope that's a fluke, and not a sign of things to come. -_-

over and over and over and over....every few years, repeat.    I am surprised that other Mueller-era kits like the '57 Chrysler 300C and '58 Edsel haven't gotten the retro reissue treatment yet...

Edited by Rob Hall

Casey do you know if the 70 Super Bee will be the pro-street or regular version? The kit with the purple car on box is

getting a bit harder to come by,the pro street is everywhere.

Casey do you know if the 70 Super Bee will be the pro-street or regular version? The kit with the purple car on box is

getting a bit harder to come by,the pro street is everywhere.

It's the regular version, not the Pro Street version. Not sure if they box will look like this or not, but it sounds like this kit has sold well enough that another production run was in order:

SAM_3907.22495804_std.JPG

With pickups kits being in demand, I wonder why no '60 Chevy P/U re-release?

I was hoping they'd reissue it with both the stock and custom parts (yeah, it's ugly, but it contains a nice set of Euro-style headlight lenses with good detail), but the original kits are still fairly easy to come by for the same or less than what a new reissue would cost. In fact, I can't think of any Mueller-era kits which are difficult to find or expensive to acquire yet (at least here in the U.S.), but there are some far worse choices IMHO Round2 could've chosen to reissue,

like the '57 Chrysler 300C and '58 Edsel 

The street machine version of the '60 Chevy pickup is hard to find.  I don't think it sold nearly as well as the stock one due to the custom grille, and some of the other parts like the wheels which were already dated when the kit came out.  It does have some good engine parts though.