Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your dog !

Nazz

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday Whiskey tried sheepherding and he did very well. He is a little timid about new things so we did not know how he would react to the sheep. The sheep could sense his he was unsure so they tried stomping their feet to intimidate him at first.   He did not react and before  you know it he was moving them around quite well. This is a screen shot from the video I took. He sure looks like he's having fun!  He did quite well and passed his instinct test. He sure was tired by the time we came home but wanted to go again! When we put him in the van he  just looked up at me , his chin resting  on the bed in his crate, his eyes shining as if to say, that was great!

Jerry

Whiskey sheepherding.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Joe, nice Boston! Very cute!

Nice pack Robert!  They should be a handful .

We just got back from Moosejaw where we participated in a regional agility trial. Diesel did well for his first regionals. He got a second and a couple of third place finishes  in 24 inch category. Not bad for his first regionals. 

Sugar Rae did well also, she qualified for nationals! Way to go Sugar.

Pics to follow.

Jerry

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, TonyK said:

Had to put Polly down yesterday. She would've been 16 in September but has had various issues lately and we knew the time was coming. I'm all dead inside.

IMG_1030.JPG

My condolences. One of the hardest things to do, but for the best. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TonyK said:

Had to put Polly down yesterday. She would've been 16 in September but has had various issues lately and we knew the time was coming. I'm all dead inside.

IMG_1030.JPG

Sorry to hear that...never an easy decision.  Polly was a Westie, looks like?  We had two of them, lost MacDuff at age 15 in 2011 and Maddie at age 14 in 2013.  Wonderful breed.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TonyK said:

Sincere condolences to you and your family. I lost two this year just two weeks apart.  It hurts even more when you have to make that decision for them even when you know it's what's best for them.

• Like 1

Tony, sorry to hear about Polly. I know your pain. It's never easy saying goodbye.  She reminds me of my wife's uncle's dog. He had a Westie and he was quite the character.   

Take care,

Jerry

• Like 1

I finally got the pics from the Regional trial. Here are Diesel and Sugar Rae at the competition. There was a pro photographer at the trial and these are some of the pics she took. I hope you like them.

Jerry

_LMP1108-S1.jpg

_LMP2756-S.jpg

_LMP3527-S.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nazz said:

I finally got the pics from the Regional trial. Here are Diesel and Sugar Rae at the competition. There was a pro photographer at the trial and these are some of the pics she took. I hope you like them.

Jerry

_LMP1108-S1.jpg

_LMP2756-S.jpg

_LMP3527-S.jpg

Sometimes the best pictures are taken by proud Puppy parents. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys, I know it has been a while but I have been having trouble accessing and posting.   Whiskey, the dog on the left is now 1 year old. He sure had gotten big! He will be starting more agility training soon. He sure seems to enjoy it even though he has to duck to go through the tunnels.

Jerry 

393236448_10159885350518715_3877941929179102320_n.jpg

Wasn't necessarily looking for a new dog, but when I laid eyes on this guy it sealed the deal. Plus my wife was onboard with a short-hair, smaller dog (my last dog was a 90 pound shepherd/collie mix that shed quite a bit). Winston has been a great addition to the family. Plus he's got a ton of energy, so I am out walking every day and hiking again on the weekends, which has been good for the old expanding waistline!

Winston.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ModWrench said:

Wasn't necessarily looking for a new dog, but when I laid eyes on this guy it sealed the deal. Plus my wife was onboard with a short-hair, smaller dog (my last dog was a 90 pound shepherd/collie mix that shed quite a bit). Winston has been a great addition to the family. Plus he's got a ton of energy, so I am out walking every day and hiking again on the weekends, which has been good for the old expanding waistline!

Winston.jpg

Had a similar shedding problem with our Yellow Lab years ago. We just got carpet that matched his coat.