Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your dog !

Nazz

I know there are some of you out there who have a loyal companion at your side. I think it's time to show them off. We can't let the cat people have all the press! No offence to the cat folks.

I will start this off with our younger two. Our girl is on the right, her name is Sugar Rae. She is 6  The one on the left is our 7 month old, his name is Diesel. 

I have to watch him, he has a taste for plastic! 

Disclaimer: no models were harmed in the photo shoot.

Jerry

DSC02664.JPG

DSC02663.JPG

Not exactly the breed (he's a Havanese) I had in mind when we were looking for our next dog, we previously had a Jack Russell. We took him in after our neighbor fell seriously ill shortly after she got him, he was only a few months old. We just couldn't let him go to the shelter, Oliver has been our loyal companion for 11 years now.

FB_IMG_1612639040087.jpg

Edited by Phirewriter

Here's my old buddy, Kodi, with a good mutual friend of his and mine. Kodi was a rescue and a great dog! Great fun and always a well-behaved, fun loving puppy to the end. This pic was taken at the Lower Left Coast NNL a few years ago the day he met The Albert!

Kodi met the ocean and The Albert all in one trip. He loved them both.

🌵😎

image.png

Edited by Danno

PS:  Kodi LOVED chasing flying monkeys!!  For hours on end. And, any time he got bored. Sometimes in the middle of the night when everyone else was asleep! Screaming, flying monkeys rampant in the house.

Dang, I miss that boy!

🌵😎

3 hours ago, JollySipper said:

Would she be a Border Collie?

She sure looks like it.  Her mother is Australian Shepard and her father is Great Pyrenees and Pit Bull mix (and looks like it).  She doesn't look like either of them.  I had a Border Collie/Lab mix who passed of old age about 10 years ago.  Great dog and so protective of my kids.  Her name was Molly, and this one looks a lot like her, hence the name Molly.  

Never thought I'd go for small dogs but the fun I have with these Westies is the best. Got Polly (on the left) when she was 1 1/2 years old when a girl (friend of a friend) had a life change and could no longer keep her. Got Marty about 4 years later because of a similar situation with another girl. He's Polly's brother from the same litter. They're 13 now and still act like puppies. 

IMG_0002.JPG

1 hour ago, TonyK said:

Never thought I'd go for small dogs but the fun I have with these Westies is the best. Got Polly (on the left) when she was 1 1/2 years old when a girl (friend of a friend) had a life change and could no longer keep her. Got Marty about 4 years later because of a similar situation with another girl. He's Polly's brother from the same litter. They're 13 now and still act like puppies. 

Your Westies are wonderful...my sister had a pair that were long-lived. Wonderful dogs, great personality.    We currently have two senior Yorkies, a Chi-terrier mix (the gray boy), and a Australian Terrier mix (the reddish dog).   We had two other senior Yorkies that passed in 2019 and 2020. 

Yorkies Henry (14) and Ginger (12)...

IMG-4833.jpg

Beardsley (chi-something-something mix), age 7IMG-4840.jpg

Raine, an Australian terrier mix, age 7

IMG-4680.jpg

Yorkies Zo (14) passed in April 2020, and Penny (14) passed in July 2019..

IMG-4808.JPG

Edited by Rob Hall

On 2/6/2021 at 10:22 AM, Nazz said:

I will start this off with our younger two. Our girl is on the right, her name is Sugar Rae. She is 6  The one on the left is our 7 month old, his name is Diesel. 

Gorgeous canine companions you've got there ! I love their markings ; absolutely stunning ! Total lovebugs I'll bet ❤️

23 hours ago, JollySipper said:

This is Callie, my Bull Terrier....... I took delivery of her from her rescue on March 22nd, 2017. She's about ten now.

The classic American Bull Terrier !  So sleek and wonderful . My friends have one ; white with the black circle around her left eye .

I'm digging on your illustration of the VW , @Phirewriter

So many wonderful canine companions around here . Nothing beats an animal companion --- they love you no matter what .

Great looking dogs guys , thanks for sharing.  Molly is so cute, love the puppy pic. How could you not take her home!

Bella is adorable, so is Carly. Oliver looks quite interested in you are work! Luna is beautiful, gotta love those husky mixes! Does she talk and sing?

Kodi  is adorable Danno , I didn't think anyone else had a Kodi with the same spelling! We lost our boy at Easter. He was 13.

Mimi looks like she is asking for a treat!  Callie as wonderful markings. Great pic of your Westies Tony.

Rob , your little ones are so cute!

Greg, Mr. Wyatt looks very comfy!  In our house our favorite breed is rescue!

Thanks for sharing, and keep 'em comin'

Jerry

13 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

Gorgeous canine companions you've got there ! I love their markings ; absolutely stunning ! Total lovebugs I'll bet ❤️

Diesel is still young and a bit of a pain, at least I think that is what Sugar would say. They had a good 10 minute mouth boxing match this morning. It's great to watch them play .  Sugar is indeed a cuddlebug,  and Diesel will watch tv. He likes Hudson and Rex.

Edited by Nazz
missspelling

47 minutes ago, Nazz said:

Molly is so cute, love the puppy pic. How could you not take her home!

Thanks for sharing, and keep 'em comin'

Jerry

Yes, that was the dilemma.  So she made the 1,300 ride home last August from North Dakota to our current home in Western Washington.  Funny how quickly they get under your skin!

Edited by Kromolly

Taken in 2016.

The Great Dane - Big Otto - stands 38" high at the withers, and tips the scale at just under 150lbs. Big & dumb, but has his own way of doing things. He's my wife's dog, shown here occupying their attention with some kind of doggie num nums.

Roscoe and Lola are English Springer Spaniels. That's Lola in the chair, gazing and drooling at whatever Marieanne has. Food is about the only way we could ever get Roscoe to sit still long enough for a pic.

Otto is now 8, and likes his Big Comfy Couch more than anything. He's working on becoming a sundial in his later years. ;)

Lola is 11, and still rules the roost. Smart, smart girl!

Roscoe turned 9 in September, and just recently lost his sight. He's doing ok, but it's a bit of a heartbreaker. Lola is my favourite, but Roscoe is my buddy!

hounds.jpg

Edited by restoman

4 hours ago, JollySipper said:

Actually Callie is an English Bull Terrier (think Spuds Mackenzie...)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_Terrier

They don't like to fight, by the way...... They haven't been bred for that for about 100 years. They weren't very good at it.....

Mea culpa , that was a Freudian slip on my part ( haha ) . And , yes , you are correct about the {{{ wince }}} fighting . 

I refer to them as 'The Target Icon' (younger folks) or the Little Rascals dog (older folks) ; Spuds works well for Gen-X folks (like me) .