Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1/16 Ford. Thunderbird

cobraman

Been working on this for a couple weeks . Pretty rough IMO . Lot of mold lines on the body . Tires ( custom wide ones ) were out of shape a bit . Windshield frame was too bad to save so I sliced it off . I cut the windshield down to make it a sporty style . Using a pre wired magneto . Paint is Tamiya True Orange with Tamiya Pearl White center stripe with black edges done with decals . Next I guess will be the clear coats . 

BFFADC46-16DE-4BC1-A38D-69A6755C9506.jpeg

6E96C92F-5F32-4A22-9EE7-822E81321698.jpeg

8C20E304-6382-4015-93D0-F64DD7171ED8.jpeg

AB5564A2-7937-48C3-835C-850711D5F21A.jpeg

Ray, that is LOOKIN' GOOD! 👍

Unfortunately, each time I see these turn up on the 'Bay lately, the windshield frame is almost ALWAYS damaged. I was fortunate that I was able to get several of these ('55's and a '57) with no bent windshield frames and it looks like Round 2 has put the latest '57 reissue in a much sturdier box, which should alleviate much of that.

Keep up the good work!

The Pearl White I used on the strips turns out seems to be at least semi transparent . Over the orange even with three coats it still is not the white I was looking for. I now know I should have shot some white primer prior to the Pearl White.