Model Cars Magazine Forum

*Revell 1929 Ford Model A Roadster*

Zippi

19 hours ago, Andrew McD said:

I have both the original and the re-release versions of this kit in my stash.  Having read of the windshield frame issue I just checked and the "Special Edition" release which has the blown engine option has a warped windshield frame.  I think it's warped beyond use and I will have to get creative and/or contact Revell for a replacement.

Zippi - I really like what you've done with the wheels.  Despite the challenges I'm betting you'll end up with a good looking model.

I wouldn’t wait the longer you wait the longer it will take to get it replaced. I believe they know they have a problem by now…

43 minutes ago, bluestringer said:

I have this kit but have not opened it yet. I'll have to check it and see if mine has the warped frame. Your build is looking good Bob. Wheels look great. 

Thanks James.  I appreciate the comment. 

14 minutes ago, bluestringer said:

Just checked, yep mine is warped too. Mine is worse on the top, I may be able to cut it off and get the bottom to fit right. 

James.  I'd go ahead and contact Revell anyway.  If you do repair the one you have then you'll have and spare for the parts box. 

I originally had the body painted with Testors Red but after close inspection I noticed "X's" on the body and a "dot" on both sides of the body.  I striped the body,sanded, and repainted it again.  Still had the "dots" on both sides of the body.  I striped it again and this time painted it with Anita's acrylic paint.  I no longer see the "X's" or "dots" but the paint just looks funny to me.  I have two of these kits and had the same results with the second body as well.  I'm not stripping it again.  It is what it is.  The last two pics is the final paint job without clear.    

20210907_110725_resized.jpg.899068522808bf8217b2dbe4f8bbe449.jpg

20210910_090150_resized.jpg.766ca9d29921cdb69f3de87517bee6a3.jpg

20210910_090050_resized.jpg.fce7e434806bf8388ec8a7842c4aad7f.jpg

20210918_134153_resized.jpg

20210918_134202_resized.jpg

8 minutes ago, Zippi said:

I originally had the body painted with Testors Red but after close inspection I noticed "X's" on the body and a "dot" on both sides of the body.  I striped the body,sanded, and repainted it again.  Still had the "dots" on both sides of the body.  I striped it again and this time painted it with Anita's acrylic paint.  I no longer see the "X's" or "dots" but the paint just looks funny to me.  I have two of these kits and had the same results with the second body as well.  I'm not stripping it again.  It is what it is.  The last two pics is the final paint job without clear.    

20210907_110725_resized.jpg.899068522808bf8217b2dbe4f8bbe449.jpg

20210910_090150_resized.jpg.766ca9d29921cdb69f3de87517bee6a3.jpg

20210910_090050_resized.jpg.fce7e434806bf8388ec8a7842c4aad7f.jpg

20210918_134153_resized.jpg

20210918_134202_resized.jpg

It appears to be a very slight sink mark caused by injection pin - and because it's a dip on the surface, sanding might have not corrected it. I had good success with 3M Glazing putty or Tamiya yellow putty for fixing such issues, and if it's small I often brush liquid cement on those dips. Other than small mark you mentioned the color looks great! 

1 hour ago, e30lover said:

It appears to be a very slight sink mark caused by injection pin - and because it's a dip on the surface, sanding might have not corrected it. I had good success with 3M Glazing putty or Tamiya yellow putty for fixing such issues, and if it's small I often brush liquid cement on those dips. Other than small mark you mentioned the color looks great! 

I think your right Chang.  Thanks for the info.

I use to work in the automotive industry until I retired a year ago.  We did all injection molding and the "Knockout Pin" would pop the part off the mold to make it easier for the operator or the robot to reach in and pull the part off the mold.  Inspectors would reject parts that had the "Knockout Pin" marks.  Guess it's not that important in the modeling world.  

On 9/17/2021 at 6:56 AM, Zippi said:

I got a response from Revell on my two warped windshields and this is what they had to say.  I replyed to their email to let them know I needed two replacement windshields since they only referred to one.    

Dear Sirs,

we will send the part free of charge to your address.

Shipping information: Shipping time at the moment for USA needs up to 6 weeks

and for all other Countries needs up to 3 week. 

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Claudia Nörenberg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i.A. Claudia Nörenberg
Kundenservice/Consumer Service
Tel.: +49 (0) 5223 965 192
Fax: +49 (0) 5223 965 195                        
Email: 
claudia.noerenberg@revell.de
Web: www.revell.de
Revell GmbH
Henschelstr. 
20-30
D-32257 Bünde
Bünde Sitz: Bünde / Amtsgericht Bad Oeynhausen HRB 10158
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Krings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logo_Revell_Standard55

Von: Revell GmbH <service@revell.de>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. September 2021 17:28
An: Revell Service <service@revell.de>
Betreff: Neue Revell Ersatzteilanfrage

Website says they're not shipping parts to the US at this time .  Guess I'm out of luck . :(

21 minutes ago, TooOld said:

Website says they're not shipping parts to the US at this time .  Guess I'm out of luck . :(

That is always displayed on their websiste.  Pay not attention to it.  That was displayed when I ask for replacement parts for my 56 Ford pickup and I got the parts.  Send the email.

15 minutes ago, bluestringer said:

I'm getting out of office responses. The first contact said out of office and no email forwarding, and gave a alternative contact. Tried that one and got the same response. 

This is were I filled out the form. 

https://www.revell-service.de/en/spare-parts-service/