Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toledo, Ohio Collector's Toy Meet

GLMFAA1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got back home just before noon from Sylvania. I got some real good deal's on some vintage kit's and promo's.  It was nice talking to Greg Smith while I was there, and I bought a Transtar 4300 Kit from him. I also bought a AMT American Van lines Trailer kit from his good buddy that was there. I was able to find a couple of vintage built Chevy pickups . A SMP '60 Apache that came with the trailer, and a non painted built '68 Chevy pickup. Two Chevrolet promo's '77 Chevette (in silver) and a '80 Monte Carlo. Found a Ertl IH scout II off road which is complete, and not built. a Factory sealed '72 GMC step side pickup, along with a resin '79 Malibu body, hood ect. form another seller.

DSC06161.JPG

DSC06162.JPG

DSC06163.JPG

DSC06164.JPG

DSC06165.JPG

DSC06166.JPG

DSC06167.JPG

DSC06168.JPG

DSC06169.JPG

DSC06170.JPG

DSC06171.JPG

DSC06172.JPG

DSC06173.JPG

Edited by ranma

On 10/9/2021 at 1:31 PM, ranma said:

Got back home just before noon from Sylvania. I got some real good deal's on some vintage kit's and promo's.  It was nice talking to Greg Smith while I was there, and I bought a Transtar 4300 Kit from him. I also bought a AMT American Van lines Trailer kit from his good buddy that was there. I was able to find a couple of vintage built Chevy pickups . A SMP '60 Apache that came with the trailer, and a non painted built '68 Chevy pickup. Two Chevrolet promo's '77 Chevette (in silver) and a '80 Monte Carlo. Found a Ertl IH scout II off road which is complete, and not built. a Factory sealed '72 GMC step side pickup, along with a resin '79 Malibu body, hood ect. form another seller.

DSC06161.JPG

DSC06162.JPG

DSC06163.JPG

DSC06164.JPG

DSC06165.JPG

DSC06166.JPG

DSC06167.JPG

DSC06168.JPG

DSC06169.JPG

DSC06170.JPG

DSC06171.JPG

DSC06172.JPG

DSC06173.JPG

Hi Rick. I was the one who sold you the sealed GMC stepside. My wife says that I know too much about the contents of kits and the variations within the lines. Like the fact that the GMC truck was only issued in the stepside shortbed form once. What can I say it has been a passion for many years. This was the first year I thought I would try my luck and be on the other side of the table. I took some time off to finish a degree. I attended this show regularly all through the 90's (Go Mudhens!?) and early 2000s. It was ALWAYS a favorite because I'm a builder and enjoy the hobby. This years show had a horrible turnout! I barely made my travel money even though I tried to take a large diverse selection of over 100 kits and made every attempt to price items fairly. I was extremely saddened by all the talk at "Toledo" that the hobby is dying. I can safely say I'll never return to that once great show. Everything good eventually comes to an end.

11 hours ago, paul alflen said:

IT WAS A GOOD SHOW! found 3 holy grails 68 ford Galaxie-AMT, 68 Coronet MPC and 62 Buick wagon-AMT. small show , small venders, lots of selection and not of lot of people walking around. NEXT YEAR GO TO THE ROSSFORD, OHIO SHOW HEARD THAT WAS GOOD.

Paul, the Rossford show was good only if you're interested in other types of toys. Not too much in the way of model cars.

Whoa!  I thought this show was done for a few years ago.  As a result I never even expect to look for a Toledo show.

Seriously, perhaps I don't look hard enough, but can I set some kind of alert for shows that are coming up?  

I am sad that I missed this show.  I am so looking forward to the MCC show in Michigan next month.

Edited by steveracer