Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari Daytona Shooting Brake

Scale-Master

I started with a sealed kit of the Miami Vice roadster; the deck lid and right side door were scarred from one of the tires.  90% of the deck damage was fixed by cutting off the deck.  I guess it was destined for this idea…  The rest was filled and sanded out. 

About ½ inch of the leading edge of the soft top was used to mate to the windshield frame. The Gremlin roof was cut down height-wise and lengthened. The sides of the roof were reshaped and refined with strip styrene and filler. 

3x9nYHc.jpg

I changed the shape of the rear window and added trim.

Instead of using the glass as the hatch I removed the hinges and scribed in new panel lines Like a Vega Kammback.

Many wagon conversions suffer from poor tailgate/hatch design.  To try and negate that issue, and to keep the theme of the original car, I integrated the Daytona trunk line on the back panel.

7Md4wCC.jpg

k44a0nK.jpg

Getting close to adding the B pillar…

HkvaUt7.jpg

Thanks guys.

Yes, it will be a "no Ferrari harmed" version with the C3 chassis and driveline. 

I think the tinted glass works well with the delicate B pillar.

To make the rear windows I used the Gremlin tinted pieces.  I trimmed the back one down and cut the side windows out of the windshield.

Vpp1BBO.jpg