Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Nova

speedy5963

What's good everyone, been a good minute since I've posted on here, work, pool (billiards) league picked up along with everything else and I've had zero bench time in.  Bell has been bugging me to help her with her projects, then I came down with Covid which luckily I'm at the tail end of so rather than picking up with some of the older/long term projects I wanted to try and knock something out, for the most part box stock just to get some motivation going and see something get completed.  Chose to go with a nice muscle car, love these Nova's and with the kits out there, I believe you can build a pretty nice one with out much modifications.  I started cleaning some parts up, getting some of the basics together.  The one in the picture is more or less what I'm aiming for, not sure if I'll go with a gold or an orange but as of now I'm thinking something down those lines.  Hoping this will be a fun build and get me going again!  

69NovaP.jpg

69NovaY.jpg

69NG.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for following along guys, really just looking for a fun build out of this, not looking for anything crazy but I think it will make for a nice build, so far I'm still sitting on Gold/Yellow or Orange for color although blue has also crossed my mind.  assuming all goes well with some clean up and stuff, the body will get sprayed and cleared tomorrow hopefully!  I'm really considering rally wheels, I like 5 spoke mags but I've used those on a number builds, old school Craigers wouldn't be a bad choice either, we'll see.  

14 hours ago, Pierre_tec said:

Wow using hok for interior and chassis! Kind of expensive paint job. Only use it for body but never can go wrong with hok

Good morning, yes I tend to use a lot of HOK and other basecoats for chassis, engine and interior parts.  Tend to purchase by the quart so it goes a long ways and with the bases being it is only mixed with reducer, what isn't used does not get wasted.  I like to use the snow white pearl on a lot of 60's style custom interiors, gives that pearl white Naugahyde look.   

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Messing with the Nova a little, got some aluminum on the rally’s, like the look of the redlines, may get some more work on this in the next few days hopefully, want to get the suspension sitting where i want it, then make sure all fits good.  Then I’ll get the flocking down, interior going and hopefully some paint down on the body 

8A203056-55E3-497D-A3B7-E92970C88B7C.jpeg

1283B106-0CB7-4A72-9383-AB3977901748.jpeg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Got the body smoothed down and sprayed, went with HOK Kandy Pagan Gold basecoat with some Deltron DC3K Clear.  Overall looks good, little darker than I was looking for, should have put down a white sealer or went with a white primer but happy with it overall.  Couple of shots inside the garage and a few outside 

9.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

Edited by speedy5963
  • Like 4

Got a little work on the interior done, have to say, this is the most time I've spent on a model in a day in a long time, feels good, been missing the bench time!  Was going to go with black flocking but went with charcoal to break everything up a little inside, looks pretty good I think.  Did the carpet, package tray and considering doing the top of the dash, we will see.  Here are a few pics, thanks for checking it out! 

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg