Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 Chevrolet K10

Recently completed my Raptor build and was going to start again on my stalled Foxbody Mustang, or Mark VII project, but instead a buddy of mine picked up the same GMC snow plow kit and built his up so I figured I’d follow suit and start on my snow plow kit. I ended up purchasing the 76 Chevy step side kit for parts (mainly the much better decals and carbureted intake and Chevrolet grille) I also picked up a set of Mirrors from the MPC kit. Wheels and tires by Fireball Modelworks as well as the door handles. 

Laid some color down; Duplicolor Cardinal Red and just did a mock up just to get some motivation. Not sure if I want to clear coat and polish or leave it with the flat faded look 🤷🏻‍♂️ Also filed the grille down to open the slats. 
3F67B78C-D95C-4AAC-900C-C2AB02A34A12.thumb.jpeg.0c86bc6d54160b57670623dce20ce155.jpeg
D02DD15F-09F3-4962-849B-AF56B658AA8A.thumb.jpeg.cacb9f054ac5fb71480c81c6cba732fb.jpeg

4C9679C6-4998-4537-9C77-87262A37D054.thumb.jpeg.c5695410f1e0f61db56bde610c0c13dc.jpeg

• Like 1

Looking great, love the wheels. 

I do have one question. I see you glued the back of the cab on. I have seen in a video that the back of the cab has to stay loose so you can get the interior in. Have you tried to put the interior in with the cab back glued on? Is it a drop in or do you have to fight it?

I have this kit and it is on the list to build soon. 

Edited by Oldmopars

On 10/13/2021 at 3:41 PM, Oldmopars said:

Looking great, love the wheels. 

I do have one question. I see you glued the back of the cab on. I have seen in a video that the back of the cab has to stay loose so you can get the interior in. Have you tried to put the interior in with the cab back glued on? Is it a drop in or do you have to fight it?

I have this kit and it is on the list to build soon. 

You can glue it before the interior goes in. You just have to install the interior carefully. You have to spread the bottom of the front fenders, slide the rear of the interior between them and then slide it up and in.