Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell F&F Brian's Ford F-150 SVT Lightning

Casey

30 minutes ago, alexis said:

So, JIm.

Did Revell add in any new parts, or is this just a 'decal only' upgrade?

I didn't see any new parts, but I haven't looked at the original issue kit in a long time, and there are no optional parts. It seems to be a box stock Lightning with the F&F decals to me. All the stock decals are still there. 

Glad that Revell finally did the work for me instead of having to make my own decals. This has been a no brainer for nearly 2 decades, glad they finally got the licensing lined up with the demand cycle for this kit. 

Isn't the movie truck lowered a little? Doesn't really matter because I can handle the mod.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I have this one on the bench right now. Not because I'm a FF fan, but because I'm a Lightning fan.

If you’re building it as a stock Lightning, keep in mind the tires in the kit are a little bit under-sized. I haven’t found a good replacement, but if you don’t mind doing some minor modifications to the Lightning rims, and the rear tires being a little bigger than the fronts, then the low profile tires that come in the Revell ‘65 Chevy stepside kit are an option that fill the wheel wells a little better. 

16 hours ago, Smoke Wagon said:

If you’re building it as a stock Lightning, keep in mind the tires in the kit are a little bit under-sized. I haven’t found a good replacement, but if you don’t mind doing some minor modifications to the Lightning rims, and the rear tires being a little bigger than the fronts, then the low profile tires that come in the Revell ‘65 Chevy stepside kit are an option that fill the wheel wells a little better. 

The wheels and tires are totally undersized for sure.

I 3D printed a new set that fit much better.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...