Model Cars Magazine Forum

'66 Shelby Mustang Group II

13 hours ago, Pierre Rivard said:

The whole builds are superb but I still can't get over that engine. It is so so so good!

Scale modeling classes for free!

Thanks Pierre.  Building the engine is my favorite part of a build.

I have been remiss in not commenting on your project JC.  I have been following though and what strikes me is how clean and precise your building style is. In every stage it looks like a finished model and the results speak for themselves.  This is a great model.

1 hour ago, Ian McLaren said:

I have been remiss in not commenting on your project JC.  I have been following though and what strikes me is how clean and precise your building style is. In every stage it looks like a finished model and the results speak for themselves.  This is a great model.

Thank you Ian.  I have been following and enjoying your impressive work on the Royal Canadian Dragster build. 

JC, I love these builds. Thank you for the tutorials.

Not to take this down a dirt road, but I owned a '68 hardtop from 1977 to 2001. In 1981, I put it on jackstands and disassembled it underneath. Having never been more than 200 miles away from its birthplace, a good scrubbing underneath with Fantastik and some paint on other parts was all it needed to look new again. The link to the (almost) Ken Miles car is almost exactly what my (also) San Jose built car looked like as far as overspray underneath. Can't comment on what the other assembly plants did because neither me or my dad ever owned an early Mustang from any of the other plants.

27 minutes ago, Rodent said:

JC, I love these builds. Thank you for the tutorials.

Not to take this down a dirt road, but I owned a '68 hardtop from 1977 to 2001. In 1981, I put it on jackstands and disassembled it underneath. Having never been more than 200 miles away from its birthplace, a good scrubbing underneath with Fantastik and some paint on other parts was all it needed to look new again. The link to the (almost) Ken Miles car is almost exactly what my (also) San Jose built car looked like as far as overspray underneath. Can't comment on what the other assembly plants did because neither me or my dad ever owned an early Mustang from any of the other plants.

Thanks Steve.  Your '68 must have been a well cared for car.   I plan on building a '65/'66 fastback at some point using these same techniques.  I might go with the red oxide primer on that chassis with a bit of overspray - we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 6:31 AM, afx said:

Thanks for checking Mike.

I'm really surprised the Revellogram GT350R kit didn't include a decal for the racing gauges. I tried reducing an internet photo but once I get the image small enough there is almost no detail.

You could try bestmodelcarparts.com and ask if he can do a set.

7 minutes ago, Codi said:

Beautiful rendition on the scoop JC.  I remember that article of the 1:1 car you posted from 6 or 7 years ago, good luck on the build & I'll certainly enjoy this build as well.  cheers, tim

Thanks Tim.  I have been doing research on the '65/'66 A/FX cars hope to take on a build of one soon.

• 1 year later...